Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's 100% a me issue by the way. I just can't enjoy the club though when we're on our way to being something great when arseholes like TCD nit pick at everything. Good luck everyone, I hope yous can enjoy the ride even if you don't show it. I'm out. 

Best way fella. I hardly look in here now and it makes a much more enjoyable experience following the club. One too many posters destroying this place with their relentless wank takes. Skip the football forum lad, it’s much better :thup:

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm on board with your general point -- I don't really care today. We got a point in the Champions League, happy days.

But 2.08 xG to 0.19 accurately tells the story of the game and they had multiple chances better than the Longstaff one.

Aye. I’m delighted at the point. I’ll sleep well tonight. 

And half of the team were excellent individually.  But as a team we were bad. We’ve not played well since GW1. Same issues persist game to game. 

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Excellent result. Poor performance. 

I stand by it. He’s much more of a motivator than a tactician.  

Holes in the half space. Gap between midfield and defence. Problem for a long time. Isolated striker again and again. Subs look pre determined.  No patterns of play attacking wise. Teams are man marking Bruno - does nothing about it.

The lads worked their bollocks off and Howe deserves credit for fostering that team spirit. But unless we are pressing - we don’t look like a well coached team atm. Tough games but we haven’t looked good from a coaching or tactical perspective beyond hanging in there. 

anyway great point well done to all. 

Fuck me, he’s got results out of these players that he had no right to get - and that’s down to far more than motivation .  We’ve still got half a Steve Bruce side and we’re getting points away to Milan in the CL.

The amateur hour tactical analysis by the armchair brigade is fucking tiresome.  It’s patently obvious that Howe understands tactics.  Jesus wept. 

Not a knock on his managerial abilities but a Premier League manager never bothering to go to a Champions League game and calling the San Siro “just a pitch” when there is so little european experience in the squad makes me think he’s a weirdo.

Just now, Bellis80 said:

Not a knock on his managerial abilities but a Premier League manager never bothering to go to a Champions League game and calling the San Siro “just a pitch” when there is so little european experience in the squad makes me think he’s a weirdo.

Jesus fucking Christ. Some of you prey on every word that is uttered by him. Speaking of weirdos.

1 minute ago, Bellis80 said:

Literally is just a pitch, that they share with their greatest rivals. Tinpot club.

3 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Nothing about that is weird.

2 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Have we considered that he'd want to downplay the moment in order to calm the nerves of his squad with so little european experience?

Absolutely. Everything Eddie does comes across as 100% calculated, including his media interactions 

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's 100% a me issue by the way. I just can't enjoy the club though when we're on our way to being something great when arseholes like TCD nit pick at everything. Good luck everyone, I hope yous can enjoy the ride even if you don't show it. I'm out. 

You said this exact thing last week. I think you need a few weeks off mate.

Also when did college dropout become a uefa coach? 

Edited by Menace

I think the midfield being easily bypassed and opposition players finding so much room between the lines is a tactical issue tbh. It’s happening every game.

Bruno is pushing up onto their DM all the time and the two 8s are always quite wide. It’s a bit odd.

Edited by Smal

I mean we've just played Aston Villa, Liverpool, Man City, Brighton, Brentford and AC fucking Milan away inside of 5 weeks. Analyze away about half spaces and the like if you feel the need but i'd prefer to focus on the amazing team spirit that just got us an away point and clean sheet in the Champions League.

We're juggling huge demands on the squad now. Two consecutive clean sheets, the season will sort itself out over time. 

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I understand your viewpoint 100% and I'm with you

I wouldn't say he's an arsehole though. He's just a complete different fan to you and me. Think we appreciate more where we've came from to what we've got now.

I feel the same when I read twitter as how you feel. Like a bad addiction though and I can't help looking at it

2 minutes ago, STM said:

We went through two blunt spells last season, before coming back firing on all cylinders. Just takes time.

If I ever hear anyone at the club refer to the CL (similar to the CC final) as a distraction I'll lose my shit.

9 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Jesus fucking Christ. Some of you prey on every word that is uttered by him. Speaking of weirdos.

If you like football and could go to any game you want would you have been to a Champions League game?

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Fuck me, he’s got results out of these players that he had no right to get - and that’s down to far more than motivation .  We’ve still got half a Steve Bruce side and we’re getting points away to Milan in the CL.

The amateur hour tactical analysis by the armchair brigade is fucking tiresome.  It’s patently obvious that Howe understands tactics.  Jesus wept. 

Excellent result. But I’m a big boy. I judge performances on their own merit. If we lost but played well - I would have positive things to say about how we were setup and performed. Outside of Villa we’ve not played well all season.  

We are going to keep looking like conceding goals if we keep setting up like this.  The defenders actually played really well but we are so open midfield. 

6 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I mean we've just played Aston Villa, Liverpool, Man City, Brighton, Brentford and AC fucking Milan away inside of 5 weeks. Analyze away about half spaces and the like if you feel the need but i'd prefer to focus on the amazing team spirit that just got us an away point and clean sheet in the Champions League.

We're juggling huge demands on the squad now. Two consecutive clean sheets, the season will sort itself out over time. 

I hope your right lad. 

5 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

If you like football and could go to any game you want would you have been to a Champions League game?

There's a big difference between liking football and being in it. Should he have been dipping to London for a Champions League night at Stamford Bridge or the Emirates while he was bringing Bournemouth up the leagues? It's maybe a little surprising he didn't go to one by accident during his time away, but it's not 'weird.' Of all the things to bring up after a match this has to be one of the strangest.

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

It’s more of a quality issue than a tactical issue, and I mean quality in terms of the personnel. 

One of our biggest issues so far this season has been winning the second ball. Milan, Brentford, Brighton, Liverpool & Man City all beat us to the second ball in both ends of the pitch for the vast majority of the games. I don't have the eyes to say whether it's a tactical/positional or quality issue, but it has invited so much pressure on us this season that we didn't see most of last season.

9 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

No matter what is and isn't working, fully agree with this. :thup: