Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Where would this team finish in the Premier League if managed by Eddie?

Barnes.         Isak.           Murphy

Anderson     Tonali.         Longstaff

Targett   Burn.    Botman.    Manquillo

Dubravka 

Depends on injuries and depth etc, no injuries Eddie gets this lot to conference league imo. 

5 hours ago, Kanji said:

Put it this way, if we played Dortmund on Saturday how would we have done? Had we gotten a chance to have Botman, Isak, Barnes and Tonali would it be better? We’re reeling right now because our thin squad is even thinner. Add to that we’re playing a seasoned side in CL and honestly think we’ve 100% not looked ourselves in both matches. 

Thats gotta be why Eddie is down. Hes disappointed and upset. His coaching can only go so far but he’s not had his full team or his game changers to battle Dortmund. He had his best striker v Paris tho. 

Pretty much my feeling on this - we are very inexperienced at this level - we’ve played league cup - PL - CL in the space of 7 days - physically tough matches - next to no preparation - lack of selection consistency due to injuries 

It’s November and we’ve already played 

Man C x2

Dortmund x2

PSG

AC Milan 

Arsenal 

Liverpool 

Man Utd

Aston Villa

Brighton

West Ham

all teams in Europe

Give it 12-18 months when we have the depth and experience we will be better for this experience 

7 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Pretty much my feeling on this - we are very inexperienced at this level - we’ve played league cup - PL - CL in the space of 7 days - physically tough matches - next to no preparation - lack of selection consistency due to injuries 

It’s November and we’ve already played 

Man C x2

Dortmund x2

PSG

AC Milan 

Arsenal 

Liverpool 

Man Utd

Aston Villa

Brighton

West Ham

all teams in Europe

Give it 12-18 months when we have the depth and experience we will be better for this experience 

Perspective :clap:

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Perspective :clap:

Show me a team in Europe that’s had a run like that in the first 3 months in addition to a long list of injuries 

It’s insane - I can’t ask of anything more from our guys - left it all out there

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Show me a team in Europe that’s had a run like that in the first 3 months in addition to a long list of injuries 

It’s insane - I can’t ask of anything more from our guys - left it all out there

Because of that run of games and the injuries we can't even train properly man.

"Train as we play" our very DNA, to use an annoying popular phrase. This team, squad and coaches, have delivered time and time again. Shame on the moaners

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Looks gutted. Hope he gains a bit of balance in his thinking today. Disappointing to lose but I thought he/they put together a sound tactical plan to use what we had to best effect. No bad thing to illustrate the need for for a deep squad including another purple or two.

17 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Because of that run of games and the injuries we can't even train properly man.

"Train as we play" our very DNA, to use an annoying popular phrase. This team, squad and coaches, have delivered time and time again. Shame on the moaners

We had to use Man U away to give Longstaff and Wilson a bit of training - I remember post match Wilson getting another 20-30 mins in

News articles saying that Eddie may not be the person to take us to the great heights of success.... Why do they write such bollocks? 

We're in the group of death and there's 3 points between us and top spot. It's not fucking over until that fat lady sings!! 

9 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

News articles saying that Eddie may not be the person to take us to the great heights of success.... Why do they write such bollocks? 

We're in the group of death and there's 3 points between us and top spot. It's not fucking over until that fat lady sings!! 

People outside the club have been saying this all season.

When we had a difficult start to the season having played so many tough teams, they were saying he was favourite for the sack.

They are clueless and have no appreciation for what he has achieved so quickly. And so it's easy to just discount their ignorance.

What is irritating is when Newcastle fans that have been following the club and know how bad things have been can still be questioning the manager who has only over achieved since coming in.

Be hilarious to see who on Earth they think we should bring in to replace him. Saw some clown saying we need to get Mourinho ... fucking Mourinho man. My goodness.

Edited by KaKa

They don't even realise that Eddie Howe IS the next Fergie, Pep, Arsène, Mourinho but that he's a) way better b) way nicer.

It's so obvious to me. And he's even English too... Why don't they support their own countrymen??? 

The media are always complaining about the lack of opportunities English managers get.  Now there is one, they are constantly trying to talk him out of a job.  This is as much a learning curve for him as it is with the rest of his management team and also the majority of players.  Plus you couldn’t get a harder group. If you want English coaches to become elite coaches then you need to give them time to learn and improve.

I have no doubt he will learn from this and be better next time.  You have to learn how to play in Europe and that takes time.  Champions League football is such a huge jump and maybe it might have been easier to have played in the Europa League first. 

19 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Hes class. His hands are tied at the moment trying to manage the squad. Could have been different if we started the match with Gordon and Miggy. 

As much as its hindsight now, you have to say this would have been far better especially for Wilson who had nothing in terms of runners or support in that first 45.

Not sure if Eddie thought he was going to contain them and then try and throw pace on later? 

One of our worst choices that carried over from the home game was Trippier going over to take corners on the left, delivering piss poor, to then leave the right back position exposed as they broke from every poor delivery, equally lesson's not learned from the first encounter losing the ball in the middle of the park and exposing ourselves to their fast passing counters, Gordon previous, Schar last night, it's not a post trying to single players out or point holes in the managers game plan, more so, we just didn't seem to learn from those types of errors, at times it looked like a repeat of the first game.

Hopefully we have some luck soon.

Edited by mighty__mag

1 minute ago, Wallace said:

The media are always complaining about the lack of opportunities English managers get.  Now there is one, they are constantly trying to talk him out of a job.  This is as much a learning curve for him as it is with the rest of his management team and also the majority of players.  Plus you couldn’t get a harder group. If you want English coaches to become elite coaches then you need to give them time to learn and improve.

I have no doubt he will learn from this and be better next time.  You have to learn how to play in Europe and that takes time.  Champions League football is such a huge jump and maybe it might have been easier to have played in the Europa League first. 

I so wish he had got a fairer crack at it with more players available.

Because prior to the injuries racking up, he managed a tough draw away to AC Milan, and completely destroyed a more talented PSG, with their 'top manager', at Newcastle.

Just not going with this narrative he isn't quite up to it man. No chance.

1 hour ago, Lish007 said:

Link?