Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

What do you suggest he do? I know you think he should start Hall, what else?

I can see him playing Kidd against Chelsea as the break.  I wonder if he would leave the other lads home for a proper rest.  

I'm just pointing out the reality of the  situation. Not really much he can do now. That ship has mostly sailed. Just got to hope when players do come back that it isn't forced, or we'll have another Willock situation. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

That team started with Isak, Willock, Livra if memory serves. 

We’ll need to rest at least 2 of those against Chelsea. 

Gordon was up top for that one iirc.

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Gordon was up top for that one iirc.

Gordon's played more or less every minute of the season. I know he's good but he didn't look fatigued today, just not that arsed.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Gordon's played more or less every minute of the season. I know he's good but he didn't look fatigued today, just not that arsed.

Don't think he was not arsed like. Do think he played without his usual composure and that cost us up top though once or twice.

I think there are legitimate questions to ask (not just to Howe but a number of back room staff) but at the same time we are still having a good season and there a no need to be knee jerk.

Would be a different story if this happened every season. But to date this is a one off.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Thought he was sharp in moments. Won a couple balls in dangerous areas just let himself down with his finishing. 

But aye I imagine he wasn’t at his sharpest.  Don’t get at his fullback at all but Everton seemed ready for him and Livra. Dyche did his homework.  

Don’t think he wasn’t arsed. Just perhaps not at his sharpest. 

5 minutes ago, James said:

I think there are legitimate questions to ask (not just to Howe but a number of back room staff) but at the same time we are still having a good season and there a no need to be knee jerk.

Would be a different story if this happened every season. But to date this is a one off.

Aye this is where I’m at.  There’s things we should question.  But it will be a good learning curve for Eddie. 

Edited by The College Dropout

If we had a relatively normal level of injuries, our away record wouldn't be anywhere near as bad. Not saying it'd be great but it seems obvious that we'd at least be doing a bit better.

Going on about rotation being the cause of our injury problems that started only 2 months into the season feels short-sighted.

To recap:

- 2 dislocated shoulders

- 2 back injuries, one not even in a game

- 1 broken toe or whatever it is

- 1 rolled ankle from a tackle 

- 1 gambling addiction

There are a few muscle-y ones, sure, but they're at a normal level. You'd also say that a lot of these injuries have happened to our rotation players too rather than nailed on starters at the time who are 'fatigued'.

42 minutes ago, Heron said:

Is there an injury return date list kicking aboot somewhere?

Nothing with any substance. 

But going off what’s been written and what Eddie said (kind of) in his last presser, I think we’ll see the majority of Botman, Barnes, Wilson, Longstaff, Willock back by, or hopefully before, Forest.

My fucking manager :smitten: His comments after the game were spot on always, refusing to use the injuries or fatigue as an excuse, because that would give us a reason to not better ourselves. Love him so fucking much 

I feel for him, he'd obviously highlighted what we needed to improve on last season with extra creativity in midfield so went for Tonali and extra goals from wide positions so went and got Harvey Barnes. They were his two main signings and I really think they would have been brilliant for us once settled. Not only has he lost them but he's had major injuries throughout the squad. Must be massively frustrating. We need to back him after results like last night and show him love and support because it's going to come together eventually.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Who else? When Targett plays, sometimes he takes them. Tonali was an option but he's out.

Schar for direct free kicks, I’d assume Bruno can whip one in. I don’t mind Trippier taking some just not every single corner and every single free kick no matter where it is on pitch. He’s rarely beating the first man recently and not going for goal. 

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It was irritating me earlier, this one.  Normally you get a good sense of when players are due back - it’s like the black hole of Calcutta our injury list

Seems Eddie has learned something from the NFL.

Give nothing away, not even the return dates.

Let's be clear. We got beat by mistakes which can happen to any team.

We've lost to an Everton team that are focused on battling like hell for each other.

We've had some great results with the same team and a very inexperienced bench, in the main, not to mention 26 goalkeepers. :lol:

Sometimes this kind of result offers up another kick up the arse to focus for the entire game.

Dubravka coming in is a big change for the players and he's looked ring rusty.

Everton's crowd won the day along with their hyped up team.

Anthony Gordon tried to quieten them but ended up a bit rattled.

Not too many players had a good game.

Miley and Joelinton did fairly well.

I think Miley was my man of the match for us.

We're going to lose more games and draw more as well as win a fair few.

We'll just have to wait and see if we get the rub of the green with comeback injuries and January team fillers to carry us to the end.

Keep the faith and put that game on the back burner where it belongs.

Edited by magvicar