Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I think it's fair to say all these injuries have eventually caught up with us, as was expected. If we were getting these results along with these performances with a fully fit or near fully fit squad then it'd be really concerning. 

These 11 players have been playing two games a week. Hopefully we'll get some bodies back in the coming weeks and we'll see an upturn in form. 

Yeah I think some should look back on our teams thus season. Look on .com or whatever and in particular look at the bench. This hasn't been the last few weeks like it's made out, it's been since the start of October.

Edited by madras

Something needs to change with our away form, and quickly. Clearly we aren't and can't press like we do at home, but a plan B needs to be formulated that still makes us compete. We just seem to get rolled by everyone. Brighton, Bournemouth, Everton, Spurs. Pockets of good play with PSG, Man U and AC Milan to a degree. I don't know what the answer is with the personel available. Edit to add - hopefully once everyone is back and there are genuine options in the likes of Willock and Barnes, we can look to spring better counters

Edited by SiLvOR

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Something needs to change with our away form, and quickly. Clearly we aren't and can't press like we do at home, but a plan B needs to be formulated that still makes us compete. We just seem to get rolled by everyone. Brighton, Bournemouth, Everton, Spurs. Pockets of good play with PSG, Man U and AC Milan to a degree. I don't know what the answer is with the personel available. 

We can press like that with a fit squad or even near fit squad. We've basically played the same XI fir close on two month. The only drop outs are because of injury and a "lesser" comes in.

Edited by madras

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don’t get the calls for rotation in the last few matches. 

The time to rotate is at home, against lower half opposition.  Or on strict minutes management the way Klopp does it - regardless of game state.  The first - Howe didn’t do when he has the opportunity but that time has gone. The second - that’s not his style and that requires a proper squad.  

Yup, don't feel selection was wrong today but the gameplan seemed lost. It's a shame as he showed in 21/22 that he can coach a really good sit deep and counter team but we're not seeing it anymore. It came out a bit last season when we needed it but, PSG aside, we always seem to try and stick to our core plan at the moment. I think he wants to see us control situations with possession now but that requires good movement and stamina as well.

Felt like it might've been prudent to try starting deeper today as Spurs always start fast. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

We can press like that with a fit squad or even near fit squad. We've basically played the same XI fir close on two month. The only drop outs are because of injury and a "lesser" comes in.

Yeah that's what I meant by can't and aren't.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Huge apologies to Neej, looks like I did mention Gerrard as a potential candidate. Ffs. I honestly hand on heart have no recollection of that. 🙈

Fuck me. I'm out. 

:lol: Dude, you just had a little moment back then, which did seem out of character at the time.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Phenomenal manager who’s transformed this club. Almost any manager would have likely had us in tatters way earlier than this with the injury crisis. Just hope he gets players back soon and that they don’t keep breaking down like Isak, Wilson, Willock etc 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Phenomenal manager who’s transformed this club. Almost any manager would have likely had us in tatters way earlier than this with the injury crisis. Just hope he gets players back soon and that they don’t keep breaking down like Isak, Wilson, Willock etc 

Yup, couldn’t agree more, he’s done brilliant given our run of shit luck with injuries.

In just one month from now we could have another few league wins under us, be in the League Cup semi final and have just beaten the mackems in the FA Cup. That's how quickly shit can change. Someone said earlier on here that just 3 days ago we'd just beaten Chelsea, Man Utd and nearly beaten PSG in Paris in our last 3 and it was all good. We're starting to get players back now and we've easier games than away to Spurs coming up so keep the faith and just move on from today.

17 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Today we had an out and out LB on the bench and livs playing LB. Tripps so should have been rested - even Krafth could have played, we had options for full backs. 

Lewis Hall? He’s played 10 professional games at LB prior to joining Newcastle. He’s played more often at CM/DM. 

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

In just one month from now we could have another few league wins under us, be in the League Cup semi final and have just beaten the mackems in the FA Cup. That's how quickly shit can change. Someone said earlier on here that just 3 days ago we'd just beaten Chelsea, Man Utd and nearly beaten PSG in Paris in our last 3 and it was all good. We're starting to get players back now and we've easier games than away to Spurs coming up so keep the faith and just move on from today.

There really is so much left to look forward to this season and we've had some class highs already. Just a shit situation right now but hopefully starting to come out the other side.

Win our next 3 in the league and it's 35 points halfway. Plenty to work with there.

Anyone having a pop at Eddie needs to do one, like. Got fuck all to work with and I reckon half the players turning out are carrying knocks.

Entitled seem to grow faster than brain cells in a defeat with many of our fans.

He should not be questioned yet or next season in my opinion.

I'd buy a 6 and another wide right/forward and fuck ffp and go again.

Just now, Oregon_Geordie said:

Anyone having a pop at Eddie needs to do one, like. Got fuck all to work with and I reckon half the players turning out are carrying knocks.

Entitled seem to grow faster than brain cells in a defeat with many of our fans.

Maybe a decent GK as well.

Howe has shown he can be adaptable and bounce back, and I expect him to again. But without likes of Botman, Tonali and Willock he’s got his hands tied.

We’re in a low moment but there are still some positives. Tino basically promoted to a starting spot, and regularly showing his quality. Miley’s development also  handled very well given the circumstances. 

27 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Something needs to change with our away form, and quickly. Clearly we aren't and can't press like we do at home, but a plan B needs to be formulated that still makes us compete. We just seem to get rolled by everyone. Brighton, Bournemouth, Everton, Spurs. Pockets of good play with PSG, Man U and AC Milan to a degree. I don't know what the answer is with the personel available. Edit to add - hopefully once everyone is back and there are genuine options in the likes of Willock and Barnes, we can look to spring better counters

We don’t have the personnel to make another style work.  We need to get the press right away from home and prioritise legs over ability in team selection.   Can’t do that now with all the injuries and win many games unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

We’ve seen that you can’t fuck off FFP. 

We could have been two goals up in the first half with gordon's cross and miggy's weak shot.

Could have changed the outlook.

Song was unreal and tripps was thoroughly ripped a new bumhole.

Not a lot Eddie could have done with the players available and chnaces not taken

Even with players coming back it's not going to be like a light switch, the players aren't going to suddenly be ungassed, I think it will take a while of rotation and good subs to get our players back up to full speed and just pray that no one else breaks down. Howe should be safe as houses, a few bad results in the light of current circumstances shouldn't do anything to the foundations he's already built and I doubt they have.

It can't be possible that some of the comments are anything other than just blatant trolling. Anyone seriously suggesting anything about the club or Howe is comparable to anything under Bruce has lost their mind, and has a real fucking short memory.

It's fine to have reasonable criticism of some possible mistakes, nothing and nobody is perfect, but being overly critical of Howe or this team right now is fucking ludicrous.

I have had my issues with TCD in the past, but he has been an encouraging voice of reason for awhile, and has demonstrated how you can praise a system and manager with very well reasoned critique. He won't see this post, but I am impressed nonetheless.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls