Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sorry to hear that some of the finest people to have adorned the badge in my lifetime have ruined your night, like. String em up, the gutless wanks.

Ironically, of the two of us, it's you who is the one being over-emotional. Quite the achievement that. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If not for last season, most on here would have turned on him. Losing 6 out of 7 is awful. Roy Hodgson is under pressure at Palace for similar. 

Yeah, without his previous achievements here before this season I would have wanted him gone now.

But the negatives from this season is nothing compared to what he has done for us past season(s).

As grim as this period is, Howe has to stay until the summer regardless of the result against that lot on Saturday. 

Write this season off and then the owners have a decision to make, but for this season at least it’s a non-starter even entertaining the idea of sacking him. 

Few new faces this month and we could be going into February with some optimism.

Big win on Saturday could reignite our season. 

Just now, Smal said:

We… really were though? Honestly it’s remarkable we didn’t concede 7+ goals, there was no point in the game where we looked in control defensively, and we really didn’t offer any consistent threat at the other end of the pitch either.

We defended atrociously and were really, really poor when we did have the ball for more or less the whole game. 

I'm not gonna defend the performance to the hilt, we didn't play well and deserved to lose. I just said "we weren't that bad," particularly in the circumstances. We knocked it about well in spells and, psychologically, just about, kept ourselves in the game until that late decision. The two goals were nice and Dubravka (whose performance counts as 'us/we') was obviously brilliant. I thought Joelinton was absolutely superb in the first half too.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

1) Other than Sheffield United, when has he had the opportunity to do this and not taken it?

We could have utilised Ritchie and Dummett more like, Hall too although Howe obviously will have lefitimate reasons for not. Give Gordon/Trippier etc a proper rest.

The problem is we still would have been shite and the narrative would have been that we lost because he played Ritchie and Dummett.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Ironically, of the two of us, it's you who is the one being over-emotional. Quite the achievement that. [emoji38]

Heh, you're the one throwing around abuse. Whatever, we're on very different pages. Happy New Year and fuck Klopp.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

1) Other than Sheffield United, when has he had the opportunity to do this and not taken it?

2) With Tonali banned, Willock, Longstaff and Joelinton in and out of the side due to injury, along with general fatigue in thr ranks. I'm not really sure how a midfield four helps.

(1) at any point really. Rafa Benitez would not have had Trippier, Burn, Schar, Bruno, Gordon etc. play all those minutes. He would’ve played anyone else. I don’t accept that he’s had no choice but to burn out our best players.

(2) it doesn’t take £500m worth of players to stop having a massive gap between defence and midfield game after game. 

I don’t think any other manager in the top 6 gets us to the CL last season. I have not forgotten that. But I don’t think no other manager in the top 6 does as poorly away from home this season or manages fitness so badly from the start of the season. 

Can one of the must-criticise-Howe posters watch Anthony Gordon's recovery run for Liverpool's 3rd and explain to me why that's happening?

Could it be poor tactics, lack of effort from just one of the many players everyone should know by now works their arse off? Laziness?

Or could it be the one smacking everyone in the face, that he like loads of them, are fucking knackered? Or is that too obvious therefore you have to ignore it and look at anything else?

Edited by Kid Icarus

It seems like he has lost the support of the players in terms of them having discipline in following his tactics, which could be due to him having no plan B and continuing to run people in to the ground despite the small group of players fit.

7 losses in 8 could easily be 10 losses in 11 come the end of the month, I don’t see how he survives that if it does happen.

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

What do the radgies have against Isak? It’s bloody weird and definitely a thing at the game too. Do you prefer Wilson’s manly tattoos or what?

Just take a look at his work rate and understand what he gives you in 90mins.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

After the amount of games we have had and the injuries and fatigue etc, 6 days is nowhere near enough to recover btw. Obviously that isn’t the only reason we are struggling mind.

so you adapt and literally park the bus in a game like today.

the fatigue and injuries are a genuine excuse but he has also played the hand dealt to him pretty poorly at times 

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I agree, it is a point that missed.  Last season has raised expectations, but it’s also bought Howe credit and time.  I also doubt that the same patience would exist for a similar run if last season was just ok.

Howe though did have last season, proving that he can do it - so I’m happy for him to get that time. 

Tbf few are calling for him to be sacked. They just want him to do better. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Heh, you're the one throwing around abuse. Whatever, we're on very different pages. Happy New Year and fuck Klopp.

Stop being a gaslighting prick and you might not get any abuse then eh?

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

It seems like he has lost the support of the players in terms of them having discipline in following his tactics, which could be due to him having no plan B and continuing to run people in to the ground despite the small group of players fit.

7 losses in 8 could easily be 10 losses in 11 come the end of the month, I don’t see how he survives that if it does happen.

Holy shit, we are trying to start this narrative now?

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

(1) at any point really. Rafa Benitez would not have had Trippier, Burn, Schar, Bruno, Gordon etc. play all those minutes. He would’ve played anyone else. I don’t accept that he’s had no choice but to burn out our best players.

(2) it doesn’t take £500m worth of players to stop having a massive gap between defence and midfield game after game. 

I don’t think any other manager in the top 6 gets us to the CL last season. I have not forgotten that. But I don’t think no other manager in the top 6 does as poorly away from home this season or manages fitness so badly from the start of the season. 

1) So we're using a hypothetical scenario as a stick to beat him with?

2) Earlier on in the season I may judge agreed with us, but at present the midfield are utterly knackered. Decision making and reaction timed is painfully slow in that area of the field at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

This is literally fanfiction. The players are running themselves ragged for him, constantly talk about how great he is for their individual games, and you've somehow spun it into him losing their support. Wild.

He's got to change formation in my book play with two sitting midfielders and stem the flow at which the opposition have been getting through us. Pick the starters and make the bench up with actual subs that can fill in in these positions nevermind two backup keepers, get a second string striker a winger from the reserves and give them minutes to alleviate the fatigue in our starters. Isak should never have to play 90 minutes when he's our only fit striker. 

3 minutes ago, Dava1892 said:

Just take a look at his work rate and understand what he gives you in 90mins.

An absurd amount of goals given limited opportunities. Agreed.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

What do the radgies have against Isak? It’s bloody weird and definitely a thing at the game too. Do you prefer Wilson’s manly tattoos or what?

It’s that he can’t play at full intensity for 70 minutes. Let alone 90. 

I love him. But if he improved his stamina he would be close to world class. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Tbf few are calling for him to be sacked. They just want him to do better. 

I agree, and too many are reacting emotively to criticism and thinking it’s the same as calling for his head.  It isn’t.  And it’s a football forum - not sure what else folks are meant to talk about.  I wouldn’t want to read lots of ostrich impersonators sticking their heads in the sand, telling me that shit is sugar. 

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

He survives because of what he has done in the 2 years leading up to that.  Hopefully our board are smart enough to see Howe had his squad playing above themselves and that there are very few managers who could squeeze as much out of these players as he has

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

They could just be physically and mentally cooked.