Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Not sure how to take his comments about running on empty.

Is he saying the players aren't running on empty, or that he's just not using that as an excuse? 

Not using it or allowing it to be an excuse was how I interpreted it.  

On 04/01/2024 at 12:16, wormy said:

Yeah it's a shame.

I always take the 'his younger brother is even better!' stuff with a pinch of salt though tbh. Feels like it gets trotted out for any good young player that breaks through in football. In NUFC's case it's already started with Miley. :lol:

To be fair it's scientific fact.

I think having an older role model, being to learn from their mistakes, getting into the sport sooner all lead to the youngest having the highest chance of success. You also have to fight more.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2021/03/25/revealed-younger-siblings-likely-have-standout-sporting-career/

13 minutes ago, La Parka said:

To be fair it's scientific fact.

I think having an older role model, being to learn from their mistakes, getting into the sport sooner all lead to the youngest having the highest chance of success. You also have to fight more.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2021/03/25/revealed-younger-siblings-likely-have-standout-sporting-career/

That doesn’t make it scientific fact tbf - don’t ask me.  Ask Phil Neville, Anton Ferdinand, Jobe Bellingham … :) 

A large object, in this case taking the form of an older child, blocks out the sun causing the minor party to fade and wither. This was common parlance, otherwise known as 'scientific fact', until the late nineties when Richard Williams said 'watch out for Venus's sister'. Everybody scoffed and said 'no fuckin' way!' but then Serena Williams came along and from that point another idea has taken root, which holds that the younger is always the better sibling.

2 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Some managers just fill you with confidence and passion, regardless of how the media try and whip things up, our Eddie's one of those. Always comes across as calm, collected, but just enough humour.

I've been critical of him lately, but you cannot deny that the guy is a model of class, dignity & humour in the way he conducts himself at all times, especially in the press conferences and today's was no different. Desperately hope he gets us back on track soon.

4 hours ago, dcmk said:

Not using it or allowing it to be an excuse was how I interpreted it.  

He's said the same thing the last few weeks tbf.

We need to bring a proper manager like Mourinho in who knows how to blame everyone else and fuck off, leaving the club in a worse state after two underwhelming seasons. Pretty unforgivable that this guy has the audacity to display dignity and calm during a crisis. Get rid. 

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Would love to know what the constructive criticism was that he got from his kids [emoji38] 

"Drop Almiron and go narrower across the front 3. Allow Trippier to become the width on the right and drop the RM further into the midfield to cover for his runs. If you're going to play the cunt then bring him off the bench and let his pace hurt them in transition"

or something like that

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Would love to know what the constructive criticism was that he got from his kids [emoji38] 

"How can they be so sloppy in possession"

1 hour ago, midds said:

"Drop Almiron and go narrower across the front 3. Allow Trippier to become the width on the right and drop the RM further into the midfield to cover for his runs. If you're going to play the cunt then bring him off the bench and let his pace hurt them in transition"

or something like that

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Although tbf that sounds more like Rafa's kids.