Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Having had time to listen to his press conference it’s quite clear none of our best players will be sold. So when sales are mentioned it will be along the lines of Longstaff. Not the PIF marquee signings.

Howe:

"I'm not sure there are many clubs out there that are willing to help us currently.

"To agree a loan deal, you need the club to agree to that deal, so we're in that moment where I'm not sure we have many friends in the market."

No one likes us.  We don’t care 

Just now, RS said:

Howe:

"I'm not sure there are many clubs out there that are willing to help us currently.

"To agree a loan deal, you need the club to agree to that deal, so we're in that moment where I'm not sure we have many friends in the market."

No one likes us.  We don’t care 

We have Saudi friends we could try and use 

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Under 10 for both I'd say

Honestly, I'd be surprised if it was much above £3m. We got Kuol for about £100k didn't we? And things haven't been working out for him, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

We have Saudi friends we could try and use 

I’m baffled why at this stage we’re not massively exploiting this. The loophole will be closed very soon so it’s really only this window we can use it. 

Edited by Jordan

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I’m baffled why at this stage we’re not massively exploiting this. The loophole will be closed very soon so it’s really only this window we can use it. 

I was against it at first, but fuck it, everything else is in place to stop us we may as well exploit the one thing that isn’t whilst we can.

44 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I find it very strange as well - the clubs hungriest to win exploit every loophole they can find, and, in many instances (City, Everton, Chelsea etc), go so far as to openly violate the rules and (largely) get away with it.

With that said, this posturing from Howe - "[no one likes us]" "[no one wants to deal with us]" - might be the club publicly setting the stage/expectations for some late-January moves that'll come in with the Saudi clubs.

59 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Massive amounts of negative vibes coming out the club recently. Can't remember the last positive noise we made.

Aye, if you completely ignore what they came out with just over 24 hours ago, showing that the club continues to grow off the pitch, which is what we need to grow on it, then it's clear there's not much difference between this lot and Ashley. 

Thought yesterday's interview with Eales was overwhelmingly positive.

Commercial revenue up 40%.

Sela, Adidas and CL prize money to come.

Howe going no where.

Ashworth seemingly staying.

The only slight negative is going forward we might need to trade players to invest in the team, but we already knew this.

The media narrative is noticeably negative though and that discourse drives football these days.

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Having had time to listen to his press conference it’s quite clear none of our best players will be sold. So when sales are mentioned it will be along the lines of Longstaff. Not the PIF marquee signings.

Given the injuries who could we really sell at this stage? I assume we will stand pat and sell in the summer.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

PIF won't want to weaken their own league. Unless a player is actively pushing for a move, I don't think it's just an open market for us. 

Every time we're coming up to the window or the window is open we do the hard up act :lol: had mackems and scousers at my door all day laughing about us having to sell all our players and get Mitrovic on a loan

It's like this literally every time, is it not?

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Howe following on from Eales interview yesterday seems kind of deliberate, although to what end I don’t know.

Drive prices down.

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Massive amounts of negative vibes coming out the club recently. Can't remember the last positive noise we made.

You miss the match last week ?

21 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Do we really think that the publically produced accounts and the FFP regs are all an elaborate smokescreen to help NUFC drive prices down?

Yep. If we pay £7m loan fee for KP or overpay for anyone this window a la Wood then I’ll hold my hands up.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yep. If we pay £7m loan fee for KP or overpay for anyone this window a la Wood then I’ll hold my hands up.

Can’t agree mate - it’s a matter of public record.  There’s no secret slush fund we can draw down from.

If were still in Europe and weren’t having such an awful run in the league, then I think there would be wriggle-room.  December has cattle-trucked that.

The club isn’t able to hide anything, so there isn’t a strategy here - other than perhaps to make their gripes public to join the noise re FFP

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Howe following on from Eales interview yesterday seems kind of deliberate, although to what end I don’t know.

I think they're softening us up as they've done the feasibilty study into extending St James' and it can't be done so they'll announce a new stadium and link it with us having to do it to compete financially.

15 minutes ago, TwoForJoy said:

I think they're softening us up as they've done the feasibilty study into extending St James' and it can't be done so they'll announce a new stadium and link it with us having to do it to compete financially.

Potentially. The tone is definitely different from previous. Easiest way to gain £50m a season on naming rights as well. We wouldn't accept a rename of SJP, but new stadium means thry can do what they want and state it had to be a high price due to previous backlash.