Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Yorkie said:

He made the right change, just too late. Same happened against Villa but we got away with it that time; we barely did here. Hopefully he addresses that very glaring issue. 

He won’t. Love Eddie to bits but he doesn’t see things that need changing until it’s obvious to even the blind drunks.

I think he has the Southgate mentality where he believes that giving players the comfort of knowing they'll always start, even if they have a run of bad form, gets the best out of them. Will not be surprised to see Burn back in the team again. Hopefully, this was Burn's worst performance of the season and the approach Howe takes pays off. I get what he is doing with it, and I think there is a lot of merit in it. Just frustrating as hell. 

Poor really, whoever mentioned about Eddie Howe being reactive and not proactive was spot on.

The match was screaming that Dan Burn shouldn't have been involved.

Only thing I question of Eddie is his reluctantancy to change things, and his desire to always stick with certain players.

Dan Burn walked straight back into the side like he's Maldini after Tino had been arguably our best player in that injury period. I can understand Botman coming straight back in for Lascelles because Botman is so good, but the consistency to hold a torch to Burn and some others are where I question Eddie.

I still love him though, and hope he works it all out.

Love him but not all of our stinkers this year were injury related. Needs to stop it with this fucking playing-favourites shit.

If this doesn't change him being gone in not too long is a matter of when not if by this point. I very badly want him to succeed as his football philosophy had us playing the best football in years.

Edited by Amir_9

4 points from these games feels like a good return. But when 1 of them is the result of being played off the park for an hour at home to Luton and conceding 4 in the process. It sours it a bit. 

It’s a bit worrying that we had no control whatsoever against a team that ‘should’ be miles behind us based on players and budgets. Yet they were far more composed and clever with their play and their passing for the majority of the game. 

The fortress isn’t quite as strong this season. 

I understand having to outrun the good and the bad Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc. They have excellent players and we haven't the footballing ability throughout the team to compete with them.

But against technically inferior players I would like to see us outplay them and the manager to outsmart them with the chosen tactics. But with us it seems to be run run run. I couldn't stand it with Pardew when he actually said it as it showed his obvious limitations. EH I want to be so much more. He's having a tough time adapting though. We're looking pretty one dimensional. 

1 minute ago, BShearer said:

1 point total from 6 vs mighty Luton Town. Tonali alone cost more than whole Luton squad cost probably.

these are not issues we can only fix with more transfers.

Funny you use a player completely unavailable to make a point that’s willfully ignoring that important context.

42 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

In fairness other than against Bailey, Burn generally does well against fast players.

There's been plenty times people have said things like "Saka will rinse Burn" but it's never happened. Luton are playing with a front 3 and Ogbene as wingback though and he's isolated him 1v1 and absolutely roasted him all game, Howe should have taken him off after 10 minutes.

Can't agree with this. Burn has been rinsed plenty in the past and looked our weakest link he majority of time this and last season. The difference is he used to have Joelinton or Willock doubling up for him and protecting. 

I'm not gonna blame him though, he doesn't pick himself and isn't going to miraculous improve his attributes. 

It's on Howe this for not recognising that the negatives far out weigh he positives of Burn at Left back. He's a left side of a back 3 only. 

I thought after that Man U game, Tino had cemented left back as his to lose but has seemingly done nothing wrong and found himself out the team. 

The Forrest loss and the dropped points here are entirely on his team selection. 

Still love him but he needs to accept the criticism for this. 

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

He won’t. Love Eddie to bits but he doesn’t see things that need changing until it’s obvious to even the blind drunks.

Going back to what he said in that interview.. "I truly believe that if you keep being consistent with what you do, good things will come." Being consistent can be great, but sometimes we need some flexibility..

5 minutes ago, BShearer said:

1 point total from 6 vs mighty Luton Town. Tonali alone cost more than whole Luton squad cost probably.

these are not issues we can only fix with more transfers.

6 from the mighty Villa. :dontknow:

It's a poor result and he's made errors. But I'd be more worried if he wasn't making changes at all.

People need to accept that a manager being poor at certain aspects of their job doesn't make them a bad manager.

Pointing out things that Howe is doing that you don't agree with doesn't mean you want him fired. It's important to identify his weaknesses so we can see if he's improving on them.

By the same token, Howe having weaknesses doesn't mean that he's on borrowed time here. We're going through a bit of a rough few months but he's still got so much to offer as a manager and he'll get us back on the right track if we get the right players in this summer.

I love Howe but the Burn stuff lately is worrying me. Burn hasn’t been all bad, he’s had a couple of good games recently but he clearly struggles against pace. We’ve a £35m full back on the bench who has been excellent when we’ve seen him and we would have won this game today if he started Tino.

The thing that worries me about Howe is why does he not see it? And I don’t mean in game I mean before the game when he looks at our opposition does he not see their wingers and think Burn will struggle with the pace? Is he showing too much loyalty to Burn? 

It's very pleasing to be able to relate to the manager and EH is extremely personable. I want the club to continue succeeding though and I don't care who's in charge for that to happen. 

I certainly don't think it's time for a change by any means but EH has to change. I don't think PIF will stand for too much more of this. That's sad because I think someone who's delivered so an outstanding season (22-23) should be given the chance to correct things. Guess we see how things are by the end of the season. 

Just now, Decky said:

I love Howe but the Burn stuff lately is worrying me. Burn hasn’t been all bad, he’s had a couple of good games recently but he clearly struggles against pace. We’ve a £35m full back on the bench who has been excellent when we’ve seen him and we would have won this game today if he started Tino.

The thing that worries me about Howe is why does he not see it? And I don’t mean in game I mean before the game when he looks at our opposition does he not see their wingers and think Burn will struggle with the pace? Is he showing too much loyalty to Burn? 

He's probably thinking:

"We've been defensively really solid these last two games, and have been back to our best in that regard, Burn pocketed Diaby on Wednesday, and was man of the match against Fulham. I should probably stick with the same back five thats given that solidity"

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

We're going through a bit of a rough few months but he's still got so much to offer as a manager and he'll get us back on the right track if we get the right players in this summer.

At the very least he deserves a crack at the upcoming summer overhaul and making his mark with the new squad. 

This and the Forest game have been alarm bells for his stubbornness tactically.

He gets a bit of a pass in that he has basically had no room for manoeuvre with the midfield 3 available and the balance hasn't worked at all really since Miley came in (even though individually he's shown promise, and definitely gonna be great). We could have tried another system though at some point to tweak things. He really is amazingly stubborn on that front - I nearly collapsed from shock when he went to a back 5 mid game against Villa.

Just now, 54 said:

He's probably thinking:

"We've been defensively really solid these last two games, and have been back to our best in that regard, Burn pocketed Diaby on Wednesday, and was man of the match against Fulham. I should probably stick with the same back five thats given that solidity"

And again that is not a issue, the issue is leaving him on for as long as he did when everyone can see how bad he was.