Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

14 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

It’s because he thinks little tidbits he gets to be privy to in press conferences are the most fascinating things in the world and everybody must know about them because in his mind he’s best mates with Eddie and everyone is jealous of him.

In reality Eddie is forced to speak to him and the rest of the media as part of his job. They spend a good 10 mins at the start of every episode of Pod on The Tyne just talking about the “hilarious” shenanigans of the press room, where one time Eddie addressed them by name, and it was the most special moment their life.

Then George just mumbles something about hating his job, calls Chris Waugh, “Waffles” (who hurriedly stutters that FFP is an issue), and the other guy says “jolly good stuff”.

:joelinton:

20 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

It’s because he thinks little tidbits he gets to be privy to in press conferences are the most fascinating things in the world and everybody must know about them because in his mind he’s best mates with Eddie and everyone is jealous of him.

In reality Eddie is forced to speak to him and the rest of the media as part of his job. They spend a good 10 mins at the start of every episode of Pod on The Tyne just talking about the “hilarious” shenanigans of the press room, where one time Eddie addressed them by name, and it was the most special moment their life.

Then George just mumbles something about hating his job, calls Chris Waugh, “Waffles” (who hurriedly stutters that FFP is an issue), and the other guy says “jolly good stuff”.

Damning but true :lol:

Got it all wrong,again. The Saudis won't stand for this much longer if we keep plummeting down the league.

Up there with Keegan for me. Still an outside opportunity to grab 4th?

Delete one depending on result.

It really baffles me how so many people just pile on any criticism of Howe. People are allowed to say they aren’t happy with something he did, just like anything else connected with the club. Get off your high horses like.

I love Howe but he got it massively wrong tonight. Suppose I’m Satan reincarnated now?

There's bound to be criticism of him after probably the worst half of football we've posted in the post-first-transfer-window Howe era. 

Not expecting a magical second half comeback or anything but we need to show a bit more grit and organisation when we come back out because this has been absolutely chod in virtually every department.

We're starting to get players back now (although admittedly there's a fair few key ones still not fit) and the schedule is getting slimmer, but we still lack control and every game we're shipping 2+ goals. There's bound to be some questions asked of Howe and rightly so, but next season with the injuries cleared up and another window behind us we need to see better than this and some of the stuff we've put out lately.

The team doesn’t really look like it knows what it’s doing at the moment. Hard to know how much of it is due to Howe but it has been a consistent theme since November.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Out of interest, what should he have done tonight, and can you link me the post where you said it before the match?

back three - with Joe we are way to open 

1 minute ago, Smal said:

The team doesn’t really look like it knows what it’s doing at the moment. Hard to know how much of it is due to Howe but it has been a consistent theme since November.

mid a team doesn’t know what it’s doing then it’s on the coach.

if the players aren’t good enough to compete he gets a pass

11 minutes ago, Decky said:

It really baffles me how so many people just pile on any criticism of Howe. People are allowed to say they aren’t happy with something he did, just like anything else connected with the club. Get off your high horses like.

I love Howe but he got it massively wrong tonight. Suppose I’m Satan reincarnated now?

I want to know what the hell is he doing in training? They can't even string a few passes together. Why doesn't he shift the focus to posession, we have players capable of possession if they were trained properly for it.

That being said... still love him, but yeah, needs to wake up a bit, we're shit.

Midfield is non-existant. We need Joelinton, Willock and Tonali back in the mix, it’s impossible to keep possession with Longstaff and Miley when playing against Arsenal away.

Edited by Pata

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Doesn’t look good. What should he be doing here with the team out there?

Try a different approach or formation ? The one we are playing now has seen the likes of Forest, Luton and Bournemouth cut through us at will. Surely tonight would have been an ideal time to try tighten us up ?

7 minutes ago, Smal said:

The quick answer is: our midfield is shi*e