Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

That headline is clickbait at its finest like, not once does Douglas mention that Howe wants a bigger role in recruitment :lol:

Its actually a positive article like, how anyone can read that and go "For fuck sake" is beyond me.

Technical players with versatility and ability to meet the team’s physical demands are at a premium, a blueprint that feels aligned to Eddie Howe’s values.

The meticulous nature of their preparatory work might provide a crumb of comfort to those left flattened by the scale of the defeat suffered at Arsenal. It is undoubtedly a potentially transformative summer with huge calls ahead. Being well-prepared and ready to act is non-negotiable.

The message one scout came away with was that the club’s ambition to take “the best players under 25 from the around the world” remained undimmed.

The word on the ground was that while transfer window aims have to be flexible Newcastle look to be targeting three areas: a versatile, young forward, a midfielder to fill the gaping No 6 void that has become a chasm at times this season and an adaptable centre-back.

Oh no, all that makes me so mad :lol: 

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

That headline is clickbait at its finest like, not once does Douglas mention that Howe wants a bigger role in recruitment :lol:

Its actually a positive article like, how anyone can read that and go "For fuck sake" is beyond me.

Oh no, all that makes me so mad :lol: 

That sounds really good. Very promising.

11 minutes ago, geordiekris said:

That's all good and well but they've got to convince these players to come and stump up the cash for them. We need a much better summer than last year. 

You mean how we convinced some of the best up and coming players in Europe in key positions, CB (Botman), CM (Bruno & Tonali) ST (Isak) to come here in recent windows?

I still think it's not completely clear that we need someone other than Bruno for the central role. I know it's an endless debate but he's really good there. Really good. 

Chelsea ran two DMs yesterday and they really did almost nothing. And they cost £100m each.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

54 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Hall has shown he's good enough to make Premier League appearances at Chelsea. He was impressive for them. There's no question that he's a good enough footballer to be getting minutes in this league so why would his age be preventing it?

If he's ready physically or tactically is a different question, and that's the actual reason Howe wouldn't play a yoot. 

You can speculate that Howe is too strict with what he's asking, but it's just speculation.

Hall was class against us last season, sure he played a handful of games at the end of the season and looked like the new 'Chelsea academy star' 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I still think it's not completely clear that we need someone other than Bruno for the central role. I know it's an endless debate but he's really good there. Really good. 

Chelsea ran two DMs yesterday and they really did almost nothing. And they cost £100m each.

Only problem I have with Bruno in that role is his lack of positional discipline. He's literally everywhere, which isn't always what you want from a "6" and contributes to (but isn't the only cause of) the huge gaps we have between the lines IMO. 

Last season we had Willock and Joelinton bombing about everywhere to plug the gaps, and we had a generally higher defensive line, which made it less noticeable than it has been this season. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Only problem I have with Bruno in that role is his lack of positional discipline. He's literally everywhere, which isn't always what you want from a "6" and contributes to (but isn't the only cause of) the huge gaps we have between the lines IMO. 

Last season we had Willock and Joelinton bombing about everywhere to plug the gaps, and we had a generally higher defensive line, which made it less noticeable than it has been this season. 

Yeah fair, I guess at the moment he maybe thinks he has to be everywhere. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I think as well if we persist with Bruno there, we need to play higher like we do with Pope/last season to shorten the gap

Was thinking Liverpool don't have the quickest of DMs by playing McAllister there, but they play a high line, van dijk and konate are absolutely rapid, Allison is an outstanding keeper, and the 2 other midfielders are very athletic (szoboszlai / Jones) 

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Playing 2 DMs isn't really a great argument against playing a DM either though. Just one would do, and even then you want them to be good footballers. If Bruno's going to be our no 6 then he would need to be able to offer that defensive cover when we lose the ball upfield, and I don't think he's built for that.

7 minutes ago, janpawel said:

I think as well if we persist with Bruno there, we need to play higher like we do with Pope/last season to shorten the gap

Was thinking Liverpool don't have the quickest of DMs by playing McAllister there, but they play a high line, van dijk and konate are absolutely rapid, Allison is an outstanding keeper, and the 2 other midfielders are very athletic (szoboszlai / Jones) 

Liverpool also aren't the model defence.

City and Arsenal have the tightest defences. Arsenal lined-up pretty sturdy against us with both Jorginho & Rice in front of 4 central defenders.