Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Loathed the narrative that he needed this tonight. He's safe as houses whatever happened and, as it happened, he led us through a difficult tie. :rolleyes:

Squad is regaining fitness and hopefully confidence now. Looking ahead with optimism. 

Yeah I don't think the players looked demotivated. They looked tired (not saying they were tired but a lot of the play looked leggy), pensive and not confident. We're not in a good spot atm and it'll take a few good performances to fix it. 

Edited by Interpolic

1 minute ago, 1892er said:

Well I for one wouldn't want us to perform any worse than that tonight.

Boxing Day was easily the nadir. Only Saturday evening comes close. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

We definetly looked like we lacked confidence tonight, but its natural after getting absolutely cunted at the weekend.

Schar and Longstaff had absolute stinkers.

And Bruno. Schar and Bruno had as bad a game as I can remember under Eddie.

2 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Yeah I don't think the players looked demotivated. They looked tired (not saying they were tired but a lot the play looked leggy), pensive and not confident. We're not in a good spot atm and it'll take a few good performances to fix it. 

An awful lot of people automatically equate being shit with not trying in football. It’s a madness. Across the board too, not just here and Newcastle. 

Can’t remember who but someone said Bruno was phoning it in and 1/10. Happily stick a tenner on he ran more than anyone out there like he usually does. He just wasn’t that good and was man marked for a bit which stifled him. 

My main worry since we’re in the Howe thread is the hilarious lack of control we have the second anything goes wrong. Scored and played fine until we threw one in and then it went mad like we were gasping to lose.

1 minute ago, 1892er said:

Well I for one wouldn't want us to perform any worse than that tonight.

We took a battering just the other day.  Why would anyone expect it to be comfortable?  There are no easy games that you can just show up and win.

Sunderland being the exception.

To be fair, if Lascelles doesn't drop that clanger, I think we see the game out comfortably and probably grab another goal. Momentum was well with us at that point after the triple sub. 

Just now, dcmk said:

We took a battering just the other day.  Why would anyone expect it to be comfortable?  There are no easy games that you can just show up and win.

Sunderland being the exception.

I don't expect it to be comfortable but I'd prefer some semblance of coherent football at the very least.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

ANOTHER POSTER SAID IT TO ABSOLVE HOWE OF RESPONSIBILITY.  I SIMPLY STATED MOTIVATING PLAYERS IS IN HOWES JOB DESCRIPTION = HOWE IS STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERFORMANCE 

Speak to people normally and stop being a prat.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

We definetly looked like we lacked confidence tonight, but its natural after getting absolutely cunted at the weekend.

Schar and Longstaff had absolute stinkers.

Schar and Longstaff were trolling tonight.

Schar dwelling on the ball just so he could then pass sideways or backwards for them to pressure us all night, and if not that then passing it 5 yards forward into Longstaff with a man right on him to give it away.

Disgusting performances from both.

Any suggestions that the players didn't apply themselves to the fullest tonight is absolutely risible, like. Think I spotted someone in the match thread saying he'd lost the dressing room. :lol: It wasn't a good technical performance but they left everything out there. Blackburn played well and had the backing of the crowd throughout; there's no way we'd have even got to ET, let alone pens, if the players hadn't given everything.

Just now, Tonalis Bookie said:

or we have a lot more of a clue about a number of things......

Nah. Thick as fuck when it comes to football. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Someone said the players were awful and didn’t look motivated. I simply replied that it’s Howe’s job to motivate the players. Players not looking arsed doesn’t absolve Howe of responsibility as the person was suggesting. 

That is all.  If you think the players looked sharp and motivated - great. 

I didn't say that they weren't motivated.

I said there was a lack of responsibility from quite a few which felt gutless to me. Nowt to do with effort, all to do with, imo, very poor application of the basics of football when you're the superior quality side by a distance.

There's an angle to say Howe manages confidence; fair but we have a lot of seasoned pros where, imo, big accountability lies in this type of game to just get their job done.

24 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He sent out a team more than capable of smashing Blackburn and some of them put in genuinely spineless performances, like. 

You can go on about coaching blah blah blah but we're a significantly better side than them, players have to take responsibility in those scenarios. You can't have players pulling out of 50/50s, playing blind balls around corners or absolute hospital passes, relentlessly passing the ball backwards when you're 1v1. These are not things that have been synonymous with Howe for the vast majority of his tenure.

This was the post I was replying too and tbf he doesn’t say the team didn’t look motivated. Hold my hands up - I took a jump.  

But he mentions how a number of the them were not fully committed and were generally playing like bozos.  I still think my point stands that Howe is responsible when multiple players don’t seem mentally locked in.  It’s his job to get their minds right or choose players who will. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This was the post I was replying too and tbf he doesn’t say the team didn’t look motivated. Hold my hands up - I took a jump.  

But he mentions how a number of the them were not fully committed and were generally playing like bozos.  I still think my point stands that Howe is responsible when multiple players don’t seem mentally locked in.  It’s his job to get their minds right or choose players who will. 

And as I and others have mentioned. I think this is a confidence and composure thing in the main. Which links to motivation.