Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Aiston said:

Which is 100% on Howe not changing things.

Yeah, he has to take his share of accountability on the fact that we are disastrously shit at the back at the moment.  He deserved all the plaudits for how tight we were last season, it wouldn’t be grown up to pretend that he’s not partially to blame this season.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Whoever the manager is, I hope to fuck he buys a proper number 6

We have a lot of midfielders when everyones fit, but I think we badly need one.

He's not infallible but he is the best manager we have had in a long, long time. It may not have gone to plan this season and doesn't align with the glory hunters who didn't realise last season was a freak and expect us to win every game at a canter but he puts his everything into everyday and we have a bright future because of him

Just now, Sandro Tonali said:

He's not infallible but he is the best manager we have had in a long, long time. It may not have gone to plan this season and doesn't align with the glory hunters who didn't realise last season was a freak and expect us to win every game at a canter but he puts his everything into everyday and we have a bright future because of him

Harsh on Benitez mind.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Whoever the manager is, I hope to fuck he buys a proper number 6

Couldn’t agree more, although all the noises coming out of the club suggest Howe doesn’t want one.

He still has some mitigation in that clearly the squad is still quite stretched and it feels to me that a few are playing through things.

The plan felt wrong but then we conceded so early that I expect we had to change things to get back into it. And then you've got momentum to keep pushing once you've equalised - we just look dreadful when we push on due to lacking legs in midfield, slow CBs (one having a crisis of confidence) and a deep keeper. 

We started the second brightly but, outside of Isak, so little fret with Flash off and Barnes crocked.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

My own view is he won’t ever have us finish higher in the league than he did last season. That’s more on FFP than on him though.

My own view is you’re right. I don’t think any manager will.

16 minutes ago, midds said:

Feels like a huge regression this season and we're almost back to where we finished up in 2022. The hard work, progress and momentum built up in 22/23 has largely unravelled since October and we're now a shadow of the side we were 12 months ago. Everything that side had, all the qualities and dna has just dissolved away and we're left with that heap of shit tonight. I know, i know, injuries have played their part but there's more too it than that. We don't even play the game like we did a year ago, we're nicer, more open, looser, less organised, sloppier and passive. We're predictable, a yard shot on pace and don't snap into tackles any longer. We went from the side everyone feared to the team everyone wants next on the fixture list and putting it all on injuries is weapons-grade horseshit. We've gone backwards in a major way and it's undeniable  

We are very predictable and Eddie has to take the blame for that. Tactically we have not evolved.  Injuries have impacted us though there is no denying that. We REALLY miss Joelinton, and the likes of Botman aren't at the levels they were last season.  

Edited by duo

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The club should be speaking with agents to see if a suitable replacement is interested in joining, if the right person can be found then bring them in as soon as possible.

I like Howe as a person but he doesn’t have the ability to turn this season around.

You happy to come back to this at the end of the season? I bet he does.

3 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Perfectly good mentality to have if we were still under our previous ownership and had a Pardew style 5th place finish last year or something

In this reality kind of need to be a bit more balanced by now. Nobody has said he hasn't taken us to incredible heights but there are perfectly rational reasons why anyone can have doubts about certain aspects about him yet still want him to succeed.

Grass is always greener though right?

3 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

We have shipped 34 goals in the last 14 games. You aren’t going to win many games of football when you need to score 3 to win. 

The warning signs have been there since the start of the season. Brighton took us apart and our game management against Liverpool was shocking. We were so lucky to not concede at Milan. 

With hindsight our early season home form papered over a lot of deficiencies. 

Not his fault Tonali is an addict but the obvious glaring issue is our mid, even with everyone fit. Cannot rely solely on Jo for us to not look like feeble, slow weaklings. 

Perfect summer transfer window is a necessity to fix this mess. 

The season is in danger of fizzling out and whilst I'm no bedwetter, I can see them looking to replace Eddie in the summer, if it does. Sure we've had bad luck with injuries and cup draws, but something doesn't seem right tonight. For the defence to go from water-tight last season, to looking so porous this season - it's not good enough.

1 minute ago, Sandro Tonali said:

I don’t think anyone in this thread want Howe to fail. I’d love to see him turn this around and challenge near the top again. But there are valid concerns and questions being asked. Thomas Tuchel won the Champions League with Chelsea 2 years ago and now can’t hold onto a job. Times change. 

1 minute ago, Sandro Tonali said:

I honestly believe that if our current placing was the result of consistent performances throughout the season, there would be fewer grumbles.  The problem is that we’ve been in relegation form for the last third of the season - and the green shoots of recovery weren’t there today.  

Definitely not having a meltdown like so many already have, I totally get some of the points made mind.

My only slightly growing concern is the same one I've used before, Howe is reactive in subs, not proactive.

The loyalty shown towards certain players is a mild concern, but if he feels absolutely forced due to lack of experience on the bench then I can sort of understand, but with a fully fit side Longstaff should never see the first team again.

Just now, aussiemag said:

I don’t think anyone in this thread want Howe to fail. I’d love to see him turn this around and challenge near the top again. But there are valid concerns and questions being asked. Thomas Tuchel won the Champions League with Chelsea 2 years ago and now can’t hold onto a job. Times change. 

I could give you names of posters who wanted him to fail from day one 

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Definitely not having a meltdown like so many already have, I totally get some of the points made mind.

My only slightly growing concern is the same one I've used before, Howe is reactive in subs, not proactive.

The loyalty shown towards certain players is a mild concern, but if he feels absolutely forced due to lack of experience on the bench then I can sort of understand, but with a fully fit side Longstaff should never see the first team again.

Needs to grow a pair and drop some of these donkeys