Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

First 14 (to Man U home)

P14 W8 D2 L4 F32 A14 Pts 26

Most recent 14

P14 W8 D3 L3 F37 A24 Pts 27

Unfortunately consequential bit in between (also featuring CL and Carabao misfortunes)

P7 W1 D0 L6 F9 A18 Pts 3

So lots of credit to Eddie for pulling it back with lots of lads out. Last year's success was built on a strong end to the previous season and we're putting in another one of them.

fwiw, but even if those seven games had produced 10 points, we'd still be four points behind Villa. So lots of credit to them.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

If we can keep Bruno, invest in a couple of key areas and have a bit more luck on the injury front, he could do something special next season. 

You don’t have to worry about Bruno for next season [emoji38]

IMG_2123.thumb.jpeg.50952981a71545eece94246fbe4d2248.jpeg

IMG_3733.thumb.jpeg.7f6373d1d555e343f5137599b59784c0.jpeg

Last 3 games we've won, we've played with 3 different formations and game plans.

5 at the back V Spurs, usual 433 at home v Sheff Utd and 442 today. Nailed it each time. 

Brilliant coach like, unreal how he can implement ideas so quickly. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Last 3 games we've won, we've played with 3 different formations and game plans.

5 at the back V Spurs, usual 433 at home v Sheff Utd and 442 today. Nailed it each time. 

Very true, a little caveat on the Sheff United game though. We were very lucky to be only one down before we got on top. But overall very good use of different systems.

Edited by Bimpy474

Interesting formation choice - we looked relatively comfortable and didn't really stroll out of second gear to be honest.

2 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Yeah with 100 minute games now, still a great achievement 

I’m pretty sure the ball was in play more in 93-94 when everyone wasn’t going down with every knock. :lol:

Not sure how you measure it but we seem to score goals in really quick clusters like we did today, last week and against Spurs

Remember James Maddison saying something about how they know that once we score the opposition have to ensure they don't concede quickly again because that's what we do to so many teams

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Not sure how you measure it but we seem to score goals in really quick clusters like we did today, last week and against Spurs

Remember James Maddison saying something about how they know that once we score the opposition have to ensure they don't concede quickly again because that's what we do to so many teams

Aye, I always get the feeling that he wants games put to bed as soon as we get the first. 

2 hours ago, Pata said:

I’m pretty sure the ball was in play more in 93-94 when everyone wasn’t going down with every knock. :lol:

Can’t argue with that

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

To think certain sections of our fanbase were wanting rid of this bloke as well.

And it won’t be the last time they want that, I think being in the race for 6th at this stage after this seasons circumstances is just as big of an achievement as 4th was last year.

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

My biggest big bear with him was a lack of tactical flexibility. 

Shown in recent weeks he’s got different plans and ways to skin a cat

I really hope we don’t break up the band. 

I would love for us to just add to this or only lose like a Miggy or something. 
A season with a normal squad injury record, Tonali l, Hall and Tino + 2/3 quality additions. We would be a top team. 

GK, 2 CBs, 1 RW and we're competing for top 3 if we keep Bruno and Isak.

I've no doubt even if one of those do go that we'll reinvest it well, but keeping them one more year would be massive.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I’d still like another ball playing CM. 

I'd be surprised if we sign another CM - we're overstocked in that position.  Of course, that's not allowing for us selling any of them.