Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I understand the comments about rotating players, but there’s no reason why many players can’t play 50+ games. That’s the way the top teams do it as well. Haaland played 53 games last year, Grealish played 50, Rodri played nearly 60. Salah has played 50+ games every year for 5-6 seasons. 

Trippier may be too old to play 50+ games but the rest should be fine. We don’t have too many old players in the starting eleven. 

I would like to see Hall getting a few games because he looks better on the ball and he’s also quicker. Our left side was the side they were attacking all game, Howe should have realised. Burn’s a good defender but Neto was pushing him very deep all game. 

3 hours ago, Giselle said:

I understand the comments about rotating players, but there’s no reason why many players can’t play 50+ games. That’s the way the top teams do it as well. Haaland played 53 games last year, Grealish played 50, Rodri played nearly 60. Salah has played 50+ games every year for 5-6 seasons. 

Trippier may be too old to play 50+ games but the rest should be fine. We don’t have too many old players in the starting eleven. 

I would like to see Hall getting a few games because he looks better on the ball and he’s also quicker. Our left side was the side they were attacking all game, Howe should have realised. Burn’s a good defender but Neto was pushing him very deep all game. 

I think the problem people have with yesterday is that many players looked paggered after 65 minutes.

Listening to Howe post match, he clearly didn’t feel comfortable bringing either player in in this specific situation in a difficult game. Sounds like he would’ve made more changes further up the pitch if he could but lacked options. Thats good enough for me. Hall and Livramento will play in good time. 

44 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Listening to Howe post match, he clearly didn’t feel comfortable bringing either player in in this specific situation in a difficult game. Sounds like he would’ve made more changes further up the pitch if he could but lacked options. Thats good enough for me. Hall and Livramento will play in good time. 

Not for me - I’ve defended the showing of livs and when asked upon he’s been class, why spunk £40m on someone you don’t trust. He’ll have no choice when tripps is burnt out, he’s 33 years old for Christ sake.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Not for me - I’ve defended the showing of livs and when asked upon he’s been class, why spunk £40m on someone you don’t trust. He’ll have no choice when tripps is burnt out, he’s 33 years old for Christ sake.

Fair enough mate it’s all about opinions isn’t it. If either of them are still struggling to get game time next year I’ll be asking questions too. For now I’m not concerned.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Fair enough mate it’s all about opinions isn’t it. If either of them are still struggling to get game time next year I’ll be asking questions too. For now I’m not concerned.

Concerned is a strong word, I just feel we may have got all three points with two new full backs in the pitch as their second was then cutting in from our left as well.  People were knackered and it wasn’t exactly out of the blue - we were all saying or thinking that they were gonna equalise.

10 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

He also got MOTM against Man City and Grealish.

5 hours ago, Giselle said:

The difference is that those players are in a team that has 70-75% possession most games, they aren't chasing and defending for a vast majority of the time

Howe potentially wanted to keep Trippier on for his offensive threat and Burn for his height. Throw in general managers reluctance to swap around a back four mid-game too. Potentially not the correct call, but an understandable one.

I'm of the opinion it wouldn't have made a huge deal of difference as the problem was the exposure of the full backs rather than the full backs themselves, but Trippier wasn't at his best.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Howe potentially wanted to keep Trippier on for his offensive threat and Burn for his height. Throw in general managers reluctance to swap around a back four mid-game too. Potentially not the correct call, but an understandable one.

I'm of the opinion it wouldn't have made a huge deal of difference as the problem was the exposure of the full backs rather than the full backs themselves, but Trippier wasn't at his best.

Tripps was totally to blame for the first goal and he gave us so much running to do as none of his passes were finding the target, putting us on the back foot a lot more. 99% of the time tripps is unstoppable but for me last night was the 1%.

Livs the poor bastard must be sitting there watching Tripps blow out of his arse thinking what the he’ll do I have to do to get a game.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Tripps was totally to blame for the first goal and he gave us so much running to do as none of his passes were finding the target, putting us on the back foot a lot more. 99% of the time tripps is unstoppable but for me last night was the 1%.

Livs the poor bastard must be sitting there watching Tripps blow out of his arse thinking what the he’ll do I have to do to get a game.

Howe clearly felt, in fact he’s said this postmatch that to close out the game in this situation it wasn’t right for either Liv or Hall. I think our lack of options in midfield and attack was more of an issue than what role Livramento and Hall could do. 

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I agree, not the first time, but he completely lost his man from the corner.

The problem is we're almost too reliant on him to provide an out ball for Lascalles and create from the right. Livramento is a different type of full back and I'm sure we'll see more of him as the season goes on. Personally I'd have brought him on second half, but I understand the reason not to.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I agree, not the first time, but he completely lost his man from the corner.

The problem is we're almost too reliant on him to provide an out ball for Lascalles and create from the right. Livramento is a different type of full back and I'm sure we'll see more of him as the season goes on. Personally I'd have brought him on second half, but I understand the reason not to.

This is it. Howe has done pretty well bedding different players in at the right time. He'll do the same with Hall and Livramento 

Ive thought about it and I still think Howe has to do more to manage minutes. I think Palace was prime example. We're 3-0 up at half time, the game is over, we have another two games this week and theres no sub until the 69th minute. Surely you can hook a few at half time and save some legs. There's no reason Tonali and Livramento couldnt come on at half time. 

Against Wolves that equaliser was coming. Had Neto stayed on, we might have ended up with 0 points. Again, to not make a sub until after we've conceded? We were blowing. I know he didnt want to change the back four, but Trippier was having a nightmare. Livramento is more than capable. I can appreciate the arguments for keeping it as it was, but I think id prefer a little more flexibility.

Itll be interesting to know what he takes from this week and whether he will manage minutes more.  

I know it's a long way off, but it'll be interesting to see how he manages the week before the international break. We're away to Dortmund in a game we could do without losing followed by a hugely winnable game at Bournemouth.

The problem is we'll still be without Murphy, Isak and Barnes and could still be without Botman. Can't rule out Bruno being banned for Bournemouth either. His hands are somewhat tied.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Saw he'd have made the Trippier to Livramento change. Do people think it would have changed the pattern of the game?

To be honest I thought we needed subs simply to add some fresh legs and energy to the game. I do think they may have helped us see out the game. 

35 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Saw he'd have made the Trippier to Livramento change. Do people think it would have changed the pattern of the game?

I fully expect a 40m rated RB to make some difference to the game. I would be genuinely shocked if he couldn’t, as 40m is among the most expensive fees paid for a RB.

if Howe did think Livramento couldn’t make a difference, then I will definitely classify the last transfer window as a failure.

Even if Tino wouldn’t have made a big difference it might have given Tripps a well needed rest to be fresher for the coming games which might benefit him and us long term. As well as getting Tino som important minutes. 

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

I fully expect a 40m rated RB to make some difference to the game. I would be genuinely shocked if he couldn’t, as 40m is among the most expensive fees paid for a RB.

if Howe did think Livramento couldn’t make a difference, then I will definitely classify the last transfer window as a failure.

Not a fan of the long term then?