Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

15 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

It is usually a signal to the board/owners about needing more players in, or to highlight to the media how big an injury crisis is to deflect from the performance if it was poor, or highlight how brilliant the team is if it's good

Fair shout on signalling to the media, rather than the board.

When at Bournemouth jason abd eddie would often still be at the club at 12 at night watching  videos  of teams and free kick and corner routines,  they are quiet different but a great combination  and as everyone  can see they give their best everyday.wish them and purcby and everyone  connected  with the club the very best.

1 minute ago, splinter said:

When at Bournemouth jason abd eddie would often still be at the club at 12 at night watching  videos  of teams and free kick and corner routines,  they are quiet different but a great combination  and as everyone  can see they give their best everyday.wish them and purcby and everyone  connected  with the club the very best.

We’ve heard what Splinter has to say, but what about Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo? 

55 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We’ve heard what Splinter has to say, but what about Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo? 

Well, Eddie gets the pizza, Jason drops it down the drain, Graeme then takes it to Big Jo, who proceeds to s**g April

4 hours ago, 54 said:

Honestly, it really annoyed me in the run up to this game, how all of a sudden due to one loss in the league, and a loss in the Champions League, pundits and the like where saying we where in crisis, and the club is in turmoil. With people like Duncan Alexander saying utter bollocks like "It feels like we're in wheels coming off territory". 

This guy just taught all of them a lesson today.

Totally agree. Coming off recent victories against Man City and Arsenal as well.

3 hours ago, 80 said:

Fair shout on signalling to the media, rather than the board.

On this subject, Louise Taylor clearly had her knives sharpened judging by her match report.  Today's result ruined the angle she was obviously going to take.

7 hours ago, Dokko said:

Don't get putting three keepers on the bench, unless he's trying to signal to the board the situation, to which you'd think they are aware, and only if they are refusing to back him, which you'd assume is not the case. Surely we could have put a couple of other kids on the bench as well as the ones we had? Give him more options outfield. Of course it was fine in the end, so a completely pointless observation from me. :lol:

Definite signal to the board. Get me Neves and em. 

It will be all about working with what we've got and taking it one game at a time, out of situations like this you can still find some positives such as Miley who would've never got this sort of chance with a full squad, hopefully some others can rise to the occasion until we get some of our senior players back.

21 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

I think Howe knows there are difficult situations in the horizon on terms of team selection from his interview yesterday. Not sure how he combats this tbh?

There are no obvious options, it's all tradeoffs. So we need to be very tolerant of whatever happens, basically, whether that's playing tired players who consequently get injured, or putting out lacklustre lineups in competitions we'd normally want to take seriously.

13 hours ago, Dokko said:

Don't get putting three keepers on the bench, unless he's trying to signal to the board the situation, to which you'd think they are aware, and only if they are refusing to back him, which you'd assume is not the case. Surely we could have put a couple of other kids on the bench as well as the ones we had? Give him more options outfield. Of course it was fine in the end, so a completely pointless observation from me. :lol:

Was it not just that the u18s had played a cup match the night before?

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Definite signal to the board. Get me Neves and em. 

I think Neves will be keen to make the move. He's far too good and young to be playing in that league.

Who or what is 'em'? Maybe I'm missing something due to age.

thing is, the issue isn’t that we don’t have numbers. The squad is full… it’s just half of them are injured :lol:. We can de-register Tonali to free up a space and that’s about it. We can sign under 21s who don’t need to be registered for the PL too I guess.

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

thing is, the issue isn’t that we don’t have numbers. The squad is full… it’s just half of them are injured :lol:. We can de-register Tonali to free up a space and that’s about it. We can sign under 21s who don’t need to be registered for the PL too I guess.

Gillespie (4 GKs is unusual right?), Dummett, Ritchie, Krafth, Manquillo.  And Tonali. 

41 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Any others Howe might be interested in.  

It could Kalvin Phillips

I hope we don’t get him. Far too injury prone and he’s rejected us once already.

Also feel like he’s a bit of a mercenary who could upset the squad cohesion. 

Don’t think he’s a mercenary by any stretch. By all accounts, he’s worked extremely hard at Man City and has wanted to play more, he’s not caused any rifts or issues. My issue is whether he has the drive to be the best. The limited game time over the last few years suggests he maybe doesn’t have the will to become the best he can be. However, who knows, it’s not like any of us know what’s going on there for sure 

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Phillips is a mercenary? How exactly?

I’ve got nothing substantial to offer, I just don’t particularly like him.

That and I’m probably still bitter he rejected us. My point on his poor injury record is more than a valid enough argument to not pursue him mind. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think the bench was a message to anyone, he already included 4 kids. We just physically don’t have the personnel that are worth including. 

Yeah what sort of message is he meant to be sending anyway. :lol: 

Sorry the £300-400m I've had isn't enough and I know we've got 10 players missing, but there's 3 keepers on the bench, give me more. 

There was a great article on the Athletic last week about our set pieces, about the variations, choreographed blocking, misdirections, etc. we do.

Following on from it, yesterday we manufactured a free header for Joelinton that he should have scored and a free header for Lacelles that hit the back of the net. It was three or four passes after the free kick, so maybe won't count in the stats as a set piece, but was clearly us working the ball so it could be delivered from an unexpected angle to an unexpected target. That would be a set piece goal in my book.