Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

This is the key point really imo... Schär and Joelinton out now, and even with our reinforcements back, we're basically just back to square one where we were about a month and a half ago.

Very foreseeable this - I hope Eddie can learn from this for the next campaign.

Oh yes, it was very easy to forsee: 

2 x Broken Backs

2 x Dislocated Shoulders 

1 x Broken Foot running for the ball.

1 x Achilles Injury from the end of last season

1 x Gambling addiction. 

Just now, 54 said:

Oh yes, it was very easy to forsee: 

2 x Broken Backs

2 x Dislocated Shoulders 

1 x Broken Foot running for the ball.

1 x Achilles Injury from the end of last season

1 x Gambling addiction. 

acute injuries like that can be the tail-end result of playing with fatigue - just because you didn't pull up with a hammy doesn't mean the injury has nothing to do with fitness levels

Just now, Upthemags said:

acute injuries like that can be the tail-end result of playing with fatigue - just because you didn't pull up with a hammy doesn't mean the injury has nothing to do with fitness levels

Yeah but most of them aren't like.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Barnes, Murphy, Anderson, Willock (and Tonali) had barely played this season wtf are you on about ? ?

I don't really understand the sensitivity to criticism - doesn't mean I don't fancy Eddie as the manager here for a long time to come

Some convenient injuries left off the list though - eg, Sven blowing his knee out (sidelining him for a third of the season) in an 8-0 blowout against a relegation side, Callum and Isak missing a combined 2 months due to fatigue/fitness-related injuries, Willock rushed back and unfit and re-aggravating. Not an attack on Eddie lads, but surely we don't disagree he could've rotated at least a bit, and that that would have mitigated some of our issues

3 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

I don't really understand the sensitivity to criticism - doesn't mean I don't fancy Eddie as the manager here for a long time to come

Some convenient injuries left off the list though - eg, Sven blowing his knee out (sidelining him for a third of the season) in an 8-0 blowout against a relegation side, Callum and Isak missing a combined 2 months due to fatigue/fitness-related injuries, Willock rushed back and unfit and re-aggravating. Not an attack on Eddie lads, but surely we don't disagree he could've rotated at least a bit, and that that would have mitigated some of our issues

Who and when? Rewriting of history from some, when players got injured others were also usually missing. 

7 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

None of us know the Botman situation unless you’ve got inside information, we’re rotating two strikers so his hands are tied to an extent and rushed Willock back?? Says who? Youve just come to that conclusion on your own? 

12 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Some of these criticisms are weak.  Like Botman playing Sheff U away is perfectly reasonable.  Trippier played 80 odd minutes in that game and he should’ve been off after an hour - I think that’s fairer criticism. 

The rushing players back from injuries is an issue.  Particularly Isak who hasn’t looked fit. 

Is it possible to think he is flawless, perfect and gorgeous while also hoping that he will have learnt from his season and start rotating the squad early in the season as a precaution to avoid injury problems like this season so we don't have to have three keepers on the bench even if we were to have a few freak injuries?

Edited by Conjo

15 hours ago, Upthemags said:

You're right, but the initial list of absentees that led to the lack of rotation and fatigue were unforeseeable.