Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Did pretty good in the CL tbh to him, with a very under budget side 

Yes, with a pretty impressive team including De Jong, De Ligt, Van Der Beek amongst many other good players, finished second in their group ahead of Athens & Benfica. Knocked out in semi's by Spurs, I'm not knocking him too much but we need a different type of manager now. That's why I'm not sold on the appointment of Fonseca either, too idealistic in their style of football. Lesser forms of Pep & Klopp at best. Not what we need at this moment in time.  

With Benitez, we know he's going to organise the defence & make us a much more difficult team to score against which is exactly what we need. With Favre, he saved Borrusia mönchengladbach from the depths of hell in an extremely difficult relegation battle a number of years ago in the Bundesliga so he has form. Also, both are old enough & experienced enough to handle high pressured situations. 

18 minutes ago, Jimwallace197 said:

I dont get this mad love for Ten Haag, yes, very successful in a much inferior Dutch league but what else has he done to be considered a future top manager. I wouldnt go near him, if we can't get Benitez, then Favre all day long, someone who'll be able to organise the defense, play a decent style of football & save us from relegation, that's the most important thing. Not in a million years will he(Haag) get the United job, even if Sojskaer is sacked. 

The summer for us is a whole different matter, thats a time when we can take our time and make sure we get the appointment right along with the players. Now is not the time to be making a play for a manager under contract already & is going to be looking for huge wages. He might fold in a PL relegation battle & what kind of a situation would that leave us in. We need a safe experienced pair of hands, not the next up & coming who may or may not be successful. 

Give it to Favre if Benitez can't be secured. That's our best chance of survival. 

You do realize that Favre is awful at organizing defense?

I’ve been watching BVB every week last 15 years and Favre is easily worst during that time in organizing defense. 

i have been very active saying NO to Favre, because he is NOT good enough. Horrible at organizing defense, even worse at making changes during the game. During Favre’s time BVB was completely relying in good attacking players on the expense of defense. BVB kept conceding 4-5 goals against likes of Stuttgart and Hoffenheim, because Favre’s team kept week in week out giving out easy goals. At the end it was so easy to attack against Dortmund that no matter how good the attack was, the defense was so poorly organized that the balance was not there at all.

Favre also has bad habit at not being able to turn around the results after things did not work anymore. His last season at Gladbach is something worth remembering before giving him any job. Or obviously his end at BVB. I have kept saying here that Favre is NOT the right man for us, but players like Håland and Sancho did so much good that even with Favre’s complete lack of balance and organizing defence many still see him as good option.

Amanda read this: NO to Favre!

Have to add too: if you go for Favre, you need to spend VERY much on attacking players if you want to stay in PL. Favre can’t organize defence, but with players like Sancho and Håland then he can do OK job, if you don’t expect nothing at all.

Edited by Elephant

Just now, BeloEmre said:

Ando had a decent source for team news last season (probably one of the players) but has he ever been itk for anything else? Sounds like he’s the world leading itk by the way people going on here 😂

He got the Bruce leaving news pretty spot on

1 minute ago, BeloEmre said:

Ando had a decent source for team news last season (probably one of the players) but has he ever been itk for anything else? Sounds like he’s the world leading itk by the way people going on here 😂

Updated ITKery:

Good on teamsheets

Good on managers being sacked

Crap on takeovers

Feel like we need to test his knowledge in another area.

2 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

Just Bruce leaving. 

16 minutes ago, Jimwallace197 said:

I dont get this mad love for Ten Haag, yes, very successful in a much inferior Dutch league but what else has he done to be considered a future top manager. I wouldnt go near him, if we can't get Benitez, then Favre all day long, someone who'll be able to organise the defense, play a decent style of football & save us from relegation, that's the most important thing. Not in a million years will he(Haag) get the United job, even if Sojskaer is sacked. 

The summer for us is a whole different matter, thats a time when we can take our time and make sure we get the appointment right along with the players. Now is not the time to be making a play for a manager under contract already & is going to be looking for huge wages. He might fold in a PL relegation battle & what kind of a situation would that leave us in. We need a safe experienced pair of hands, not the next up & coming who may or may not be successful. 

Give it to Favre if Benitez can't be secured. That's our best chance of survival. 

Can someone wash this lads mouth out with soap and water please, Ten Hag is my new Keegan 

it's a tricky spot they're in actually - if they have a target in mind that they're willing to wait for that's fine and dandy but then you need to draft in a fixer to try and keep us up and who is gonna want to take that job unless it's some shitbag like allardyce

Ando said from day one the takeover would happen and leading upto it actually happening he was 100% confident and said it WILL happen.

Edited by HTT II

5 minutes ago, Elephant said:

You do realize that Favre is awful at organizing defense?

I’ve been watching BVB every week last 15 years and Favre is easily worst during that time in organizing defense. 

i have been very active saying NO to Favre, because he is NOT good enough. Horrible at organizing defense, even worse at making changes during the game. During Favre’s time BVB was completely relying in good attacking players on the expense of defense. BVB kept conceding 4-5 goals against likes of Stuttgart and Hoffenheim, because Favre’s team kept week in week out giving out easy goals. At the end it was so easy to attack against Dortmund that no matter how good the attack was, the defense was so poorly organized that the balance was not there at all.

Favre also has bad habit at not being able to turn around the results after things did not work anymore. His last season at Gladbach is something worth remembering before giving him any job. Or obviously his end at BVB. I have kept saying here that Favre is NOT the right man for us, but players like Håland and Sancho did so much good that even with Favre’s complete lack of balance and organizing defence many still see him as good option.

Amanda read this: NO to Favre!

I'm not going to argue with a fan that watches his team week in and week out, when I haven't, but doesn't this totally discount the jobs he did at Gladbach and Nice? Which were excellent on the whole.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

I know nowt about Ten Hag but his apparent lack of enthusiasm for the job is a huge red flag for me. It's got to be Favre or Fonseca IMO.

I don’t think its a lack of enthusiasm, more a lack of knowledge. He’s being touted as one of the upcoming elite managers and is probably looking at us and seeing a club second bottom of the league with no structure yet in place with the owners and not wanting to take a risk. 

I think if we brought in someone like Overmars in, who he’s currently working with, who could then say to him they have a five year goal of winning the league, you’ll have X amount per window and your salary will be up there with Klopp and Guardiola he’d be straight here. 

Right now though, we have no DOF in place and no idea exactly what the new owners want/expect. 

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Benitez for me.

A safe pair of hands who knows the club and can get on with the academy and training ground rebuild. Even if it’s just for the next three years or so which I doubt it would be

Me too. He knows the cloob. He can begin the rebuild and pass on his dossier to the next guy.

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

I don’t think its a lack of enthusiasm, more a lack of knowledge. He’s being touted as one of the upcoming elite managers and is probably looking at us and seeing a club second bottom of the league with no structure yet in place with the owners and not wanting to take a risk. 

I think if we brought in someone like Overmars in, who he’s currently working with, who could then say to him they have a five year goal of winning the league, you’ll have X amount per window and your salary will be up there with Klopp and Guardiola he’d be straight here. 

Right now though, we have no DOF in place and no idea exactly what the new owners want/expect. 

More simple than that, he's probably just a professional and has rebuilt after their class CL run to be having a good season and probably doesn't want to abandon them at this time which is spot on really.  He'll also know he'll not be shy of a job offer or two come the summer so there's hardly massive pressure there and this is his only chance.

3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

More simple than that, he's probably just a professional and has rebuilt after their class CL run to be having a good season and probably doesn't want to abandon them at this time which is spot on really.  He'll also know he'll not be shy of a job offer or two come the summer so there's hardly massive pressure there and this is his only chance.

He would be daft to leave Ajax for us in our current state. I can see why Overmars would though.