Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Only problem for me is Rafa is like a Dof, SD and manager wrapped in one. Would he really want to share the vision of the club with others? His fact rant would suggest otherwise and tbh I think this is the future for us and a massive project to catapult.us up

I think this could cause a problem however I'm sure Rafa would have people I'm place for all the rooms required to rebuild the club 

32 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I’d rather remember him doing a fantastic job for us in the Ashley era than he come back and something inevitably go wrong and the fans turn against him for his playing style or transfers etc. I don’t want the memory tainted by what’s to come- managers always get sacked- he left last time with professionalism and pride intact, and with our support. The next time probably won’t be like that. 

this is where I’m at 

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think this could cause a problem however I'm sure Rafa would have people I'm place for all the rooms required to rebuild the club 

Remember the tweet below from a few weeks back.

5 minutes ago, thomas said:

the ex-girlfriend is married now, guys. i know it hurts but you gotta let go

Nah, not married. She’s now seeing another guy, but it’s an abusive relationship. The guy wants to be seen out with the glamorous woman, and hopes her success rubs off on him. But deep down, he resents her and talks down to her. She needs to come to her senses get up and walk away, but she’s trying to make the relationship work. Lol!

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Nah, not married. She’s now seeing another guy, but it’s an abusive relationship. The guy wants to be seen out with the glamorous woman, and hopes her success rubs off on him. But deep down, he resents her and talks down to her. She needs to come to her senses get up and walk away, but she’s trying to make the relationship work. Lol!

Stifler got another account?

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

5 minutes ago, GWN said:

this is where I’m at 

This.

Benitez would be great to have back, but it wouldn't be the same. We could all see the plan last time around, and with a bit of investment we could easily have been in and around the Europa places, with the current squad and maybe more with time.

Difference is that this time around there isn't the owner disinterest to allow things to tick along and accept relatively slow progress. 

Clue is in the name PIF....this is an investment to them, and they will want to see (on paper at least) a return on it pretty quickly or I could see them offloading their share fairly sharpish

I think it would be a bad idea Rafa coming back, expectation would be a lot higher this time and just like with Mourinho I am not sure he is still at that elite sort of level he was at ten years ago, he could get us into the top half no doubt but not sure he could do any better than that, the football wouldn't be great to watch either.

42 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Clue is in the name PIF....this is an investment to them, and they will want to see (on paper at least) a return on it pretty quickly or I could see them offloading their share fairly sharpish

I can't. There's no chance they walked into this expecting returns within even 5 years. This is either a long haul investment or there's no point. Scouting, academy, facilities, first team, it all needs work and they'll all take a good while before rewards are reaped.

Edited by thomas

40 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

How much do you believe that the Saudis want to make a profit on their investment, compared to the idea of ‘sportswashing’ and improving the reputation in the West? There’s an element of both, for sure, but in my opinion, there are much easier ways of making money than investing in sports. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10132269/Newcastle-willing-offer-Ajax-boss-Erik-Ten-Hag-11MILLION-year.html

Newcastle are willing to make Erik Ten Hag one of the highest-paid managers in the Premier League - but the Dutchman is reluctant to leave Ajax.

As the Magpies' search for Steve Bruce's successor enters a second week, it is understood the club's new owners have explored the prospect of luring Ten Hag to St James' Park.

Sportsmail has learned that Newcastle would be willing to pay the highly-rated boss a salary of £6million after tax - totalling a gross wage of just over £11m.

However, Ten Hag is said to have reservations over leaving Ajax for the new project at Newcastle. The 51-year-old has established a reputation as one of Europe's best emerging coaches and turned down the opportunity of replacing Jose Mourinho at Tottenham during the close season.

News of Ten Hag's hesitancy will come as blow to Newcastle's new owners whose attempts to appoint a new boss are dragging.

Former Roma boss Paulo Fonseca held talks with club officials last week and remains a firm contender to take the reins, particularly given he is ready to jump straight into work.

But Newcastle appear determined to complete a thorough recruitment process that has also seen them consider Roberto Martinez, Frank Lampard and Lucien Favre

Rafa building a solid foundation with a defensive plan, 100% professionalism and a direction forward is just what this club needs right now. Then we can expand to the next level. Perhaps he could even take on a DOF-role at the club later on. 

Edited by Alberts Mustache

Are attempts to appoint a new manager dragging, or do the consortium realise this is a hugely important decision and are following a meticulous process to ensure they get the right man? Given they gave Jones the Chelsea game last week, I think I know which it is.

Chelsea is a dead duck anyway lets be honest, and they'll know this, so as long as they have someone in the stands for that game or at least ready to walk in on the Monday morning I think that's fine.  If it drags on to the Brighton game it's becoming wasteful imo.

Edited by mrmojorisin75

23 minutes ago, Manxst said:

How much do you believe that the Saudis want to make a profit on their investment, compared to the idea of ‘sportswashing’ and improving the reputation in the West? There’s an element of both, for sure, but in my opinion, there are much easier ways of making money than investing in sports. 

100% sportwashing - 0% profit

No need to worry they'll pull out if they're not making money out of it.

Edited by Kasper

Just now, kisearch said:

If they take a long, considered approach and then appoint Lampard or Martinez :lol:

Lampard I could even kind of understand if that's what happened but Martinez is a proven failure, I can't understand why anyone would go near him at the top end of football.