Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

They played France in the first game, and Nations League matters. Obviously he picked the strongest possible team for the occasion. Italy won 3-1 against a France team full of star players, and some would say that Tonali was their best player that game.

For teams like France and Italy, it really doesn't.

Tempo in international games is usually lower anyway.

But I was certain he would be eased back anyway. He will come good, no worries.

I am a bit worried about our attacking play in general though. Bruno does not have enough passing options and Livramento has been poor.

Based on chances it was an even game i would say. And since football is about scoring goals I dont think its unfair to say we deserved to win when we actually put most of them in. Same as Spurs really. 

Things do have to change though, we cant keep relying on individual brilliance. It was simply Barnes, Schär and Pope that gave us that win, not the team.

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Not for me.  They had the better of those last 10 minutes before the goal. 

I love the confidence in stating these when you yourself said you had missed the first 15-20. :lol:

I haven't watched it again but I felt like they scored from pretty much their first chance. We were dominating possession until the goal and were in complete control of the match without creating that much.

Edited by Pata

4 hours ago, huss9 said:

southgate didnt make triple substitutions at half time when it wasnt working.

ffs.

My criticism was his team selection at the start. The England comparison was more about winning but still having room for improvement. 

All I know is that if the teams had been reversed and Newcastle had scored first, Sky would have had it down as "against the run of play" as opposed to some counter attacking tactical genius from Gary ONeil.

Carragher was in his own fantasy the entire game. Harping on in the second that we looked less threatening, only for the stats to pop up and prove the opposite.

They are complete idiots. The same people who have us down as not getting anywhere near the top 4, will be talking about us thinking we are in the title race by next weekend.

Don't even get me started on Paul Merson in the studio, who was doing his best Chuckles the Clown impression. Not a serious comment or good point ever made.... just jokes and clichés.

It's football for dummies.

I noticed during the game the comment, what a wonderful move by Wolves. Now that was in the second half and didn't result in a goal.

I can't remember who started a move for us, but had a wonderful move from RB to nearly scoring involving several players, and the commentators said nothing, not even who was on the ball. It was so weird, i know it's paranoid a bit, but it definitely feels like there's an agenda to slag us off and every opportunity, and give no praise unless they have to, and even then it feels like it's through gritted teeth.

Edited by Bimpy474

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

I noticed during the game the comment, what a wonderful move by Wolves. Now that was in the second half and didn't result in a goal.

I can't remember who started a move for us, but had a wonderful move from RB to nearly scoring involving several players, and the commentators said nothing, not even who was on the ball. It was so weird, i know it's paranoid a bit, but it definitely feels like there's an agenda to slag us off and every opportunity, and give no praise unless they have to, and even then it feels like it's through gritted teeth.

they did so on the peacock feed 

I think everyone has noticed the intensity in our play has dropped but for me yesterday some of our movement was poor, there was a few times Hall just got stuck with the ball because nobody looked for space. Bruno was always the outlet last season but even he doesn't look for the ball as much.