Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Obviously you can’t blame him for the missed chances. The failure to address RW, backup ST and the one dimensional approach to our attacking play is another matter. There’s just a real lack of intelligence in the final third. 

Loyalty to players who should have been moved on too. I think he’s still my choice but needs to start getting more creative. It all feels too Plan A and nowt else.

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Oh ffs, honestly we deserve all the shit we get with this kind of shite.

When Arsenal dropped off and finished 8th, they stuck by Arteta. We need to do the same, this game and Everton we created enough chances to bury both teams. We didn't which is massively disappointing, however, Eddie needs the couple of signings the he should have got last window.

Eddie didn't want them mate. Wanted a single bloke who had a nice Euros and has looked miles off it this season, and we almost spent a record fee on him at that.

Unfortunately that's nearly 7 hours of football since the last goal from open play, it's not just opinions any longer it's facts. Created the chances today but just couldn't finish it off, it's really really poor play from some players letting Howe down in front of goal. He needs to either find a solution or keep his fingers crossed that it clicks very soon as the fixtures suddenly look very daunting. They'd be difficult if we were playing well but when we just can't create/finish chances then he's not going to be in a good place in 6 weeks time. I worry for the bloke tbph

Needs to be backed in Jan or we will be broken up in the summer. 

Actually think he will do better Vs better sides. We've been sussed and can't play through a low block for shit. 

Edited by La Parka

The subs were terrible, I thought. Not all on him, of course. As he can’t make them perform. But I’m not sure why Tonali came off, unless he was gassed? I’m assuming Bruno was fucked after the long trip back from South America. But we are even more toothless without him and the game basically died for us once he came off.  

Willock and Miggy made us worse. Longstaff coming on just to take even worse set pieces than before also didn’t help much. 

Osula getting 9 minutes was a piss take. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Unless we get a good January, we'll remain stale and ordinary moving forward. Needs something new to give a freshness to tactics, approa h and possibilities to tweak the team when in different situations.

Edited by nufcjb

Eddie Howe's done a sterling job, but there has been a very evident drop off in intensity and quality. He definitely deserves time to get us back on track. Review at the end of the season unless the performances deteriorate to a more alarming extent.

The transfer window is the main factor and PIF will know whose fault it was, if Howe shares any of the blame and we finish midtable, he’ll be a goner IMO. No really point in thinking too much about it at this point in the season though.

Just now, MagMal said:

He deserves the full season, but if we don't get European football at the end of the season then I can see the owners moving him on.

This is it for me. 

I'm fully behind him and hope he gets it right but failure to qualify for Europe and i don't think he'll be here next season.

3 minutes ago, JoeyBartoon said:

1st time where I’ve genuinely been baffled by the subs. Just looked to me of someone who didn’t have any other ideas 

A fair summary 

The pressure will only increase on him - European football is crucial 

We’re misfiring for sure and he’ll turn it around to get us to a certain level but we’ll never surpass that with him. We’ll never become a possession based team who can break teams down.

Brighton were happy to give us the ball first half and watch us run out of steam.. it’s not the first time that’s happened.

We dont look very well coached this season, no identity, no intensity we just likeba very uninspiring team and thats down to Eddie. 

Not sure why he persists with Murphy when he isnt good enough for a top 10 team never mind an aspiring top 6 team, he's too loyal to certain players he seems to lack a ruthlessness.

Subs were ineffective and bringing on Longstaff when ypyr chasing the game and giving Osula 8 minutes is baffling tbh.

I hate to say this but i think he may have peaked, he is a very good manager but wont be a top manager who will consistantly deliver CL.

Edited by JigsawGoesToPieces

12 minutes ago, JoeyBartoon said:

1st time where I’ve genuinely been baffled by the subs. Just looked to me of someone who didn’t have any other ideas 

Soon as we went a goal down I didn’t think we’d come back. The subs actually killed the game 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Not sure it's in Howe's repertoire but deliberate or not it definitely felt like it was making a point.

Making a point that might add up to him losing his job down the line?

Doubt it.

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Agree tbf

Can only assume Bruno was injured? If not, it's the kind of change you make to kill a game off. Very odd. 

He will be given the full season (unless results and overall performances do not improve). As I mentioned at the end of last season he was always going to be under pressure this season. The Saudis won't accept two years without European football not being achieved. The failure of the transfer window (whoever is to blame) and the fact we have Murphy and Almiron as our first choice right wingers still after three years, certainly isn't helping. 

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Agree tbf

Yeah, was horrid. Don't think Eddie is the sort of manager to do it on purpose to try and ram home the lack of quality and depth to those upstairs whatsoever, but it absolutely did the trick anyway.