Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Looks like this bloke brought in cupcakes for the training ground staff yesterday what with it being his birthday and all. Nice having a likeable person as the manager. 

Pretty certain I've seen Steve Bruce carry in over 100 cupcakes to training before. Don't be too harsh.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Pretty certain I've seen Steve Bruce carry in over 100 cupcakes to training before. Don't be too harsh.

Aye but he kept them all to himself, and they weren’t cup cakes, they were kebab wraps!

2 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Slightly off topic, but I got the impression that Fat Twat wanted to have the LOWEST BMI reading of all of the squad, but in now seeing Howie doing his training with the squad - it's HIM (Howie) that wants to have the HIGHEST BMI reading.

https://newcastle-online.org/logout/?csrfKey=e9153d1f677eeb5fcc5bc2e978578d62

Yes, he's inherited a poor squad in rotten shape who've been sat on their arses four days a week; two years of Bruce damage and fourteen years of Ashley's shit to repair. 

The glossy videos of innovative training sessions, in every day, coherent press conferences, forward thinking attacking style, a proper coach... 

And yet none of it means shit so far, because on a match day he couldn't pick his own nose. Darlow over Dubravka, Krafth and Ritchie away at Arsenal and now Clark over Fernandez. Wonder whether he'll sit ASM down for Gayle next week? 

I've a horrible feeling he's listening to Jones, these are the sort of shit picks he was making a few weeks ago. Time for him to start earning his money and stop with these mental decisions which are directly costing us.

Krafth and Ritchie as your full-backs, aye, that's a shite decision. But I don't think you can throw the book at him for putting Clark in the side. There's logic to playing him, he just did something really fucking stupid. Don't see how anyone would have the foresight to predict what happened. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Krafth and Ritchie as your full-backs, aye, that's a shite decision. But I don't think you can throw the book at him for putting Clark in the side. There's logic to playing him, he just did something really fucking stupid. Don't see how anyone would have the foresight to predict what happened. 

Tbf that was typical Clark. That's why you don't play him unless you've no choice. We had a choice. Manager carries a fair chunk of thr blame here as he picked him.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sorry mate, but I couldn’t agree with that less. We’re rock bottom of the league and Clark has started most games at CB this season. He is a key reason we are where we are in the league and it’s no surprise he’s just done what he did.

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The only logic would be Fernandez enjoying the 3 day work weeks under Bruce too much. I can't imagine it being anything else. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Tbf that was typical Clark. That's why you don't play him unless you've no choice. We had a choice. Manager carries a fair chunk of thr blame here as he picked him.

Totally agree. I bet Howe's watched every minute of our season on numerous occasions and still went picked Darlow, Clark, Ritchie, they didn't pick themselves. He selected poor, mistake-ridden, shaky footballers in key positions and they performed exactly how we all knew they would. 

I'm right behind Howe but the players we all knew would let him down have done exactly that. They should never have been given the chance. 

Just now, midds said:

Totally agree. I bet Howe's watched every minute of our season on numerous occasions and still went picked Darlow, Clark, Ritchie, they didn't pick themselves. He selected poor, mistake-ridden, shaky footballers in key positions and they performed exactly how we all knew they would. 

I'm right behind Howe but the players we all knew would let him down have done exactly that. They should never have been given the chance. 

Hopefully it's bad advice from those who remained at the club. If not you've got to worry about him knowing his players. Even then, grow a pair and make your own decisions.