Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I just think Eddie over-achieved massively on the players at his disposal, in getting us into the top four. We've come up short against three clubs - LIverpool, Man U and Man City - who have a signficantly better squad of players than we do. These knock-backs happen.

Our limitations showed a bit at times today with our chances. Joelinton has done well but his reflexes are poor and he is not a good finisher. Likewise Longstaff tends to need that little bit of extra time and space before he gets a shot in. Wilson's attempt was just poor - he looked over-eager. City would have put away at least two of those chances.

It's not all doom and gloom. We just need a win to restore the momentum.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

The missed chances that our play creates probably won't be falling to Wilson, Burn, and Longstaff next season.

Get Wilson off the pitch and find a way to work isak in - correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he’s started two games on the spin for us yet. He must be thinking that this isn’t what he was sold

Just now, Gawalls said:

Get Wilson off the pitch and find a way to work isak in - correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he’s started two games on the spin for us yet. He must be thinking that this isn’t what he was sold

Errr, Isak has been available for selection for 9 games since he returned from injury. He started 3 of them.

It’s not like he’s been banished… just working his way in.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

All one of them that's playing?

And that one being a player who up until very recently was by far our most important person :lol:

I'd be interested to know why Howe has favoured Wilson over Isak in recent weeks, despite the poor form of the former.

He's said that Isak "isn't ready" but is "getting close". Does he mean in terms of fitness? Mentally? The style of play? He's never really elaborated.

It looks a really strange decision from the outside looking in.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I'd be interested to know why Howe has favoured Wilson over Isak in recent weeks, despite the poor form of the former.

He's said that Isak "isn't ready" but is "getting close". Does he mean in terms of fitness? Mentally? The style of play? He's never really elaborated.

I think it's quite likely to be a 'defensive' choice as Wilson generally leads the press well which is likely viewed as important to us against top teams in terms of keeping balance while still creating chances.

It was a weird comment from Howe about Isak not being quite there yet. He said a few weeks ago that he looked 'electric' in training.

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Proven pedigree in the PL? It's easy for those on the outside to say Wilson's finished, but Howe sees the guy in training week in week out. Personally I have never felt Wilson contributed all THAT much outside the box, he's a finisher first and foremost. But he's not been finishing lately, so does that mean he's done? Maybe. Or maybe he's just a striker going through a bad patch.

I like Isak a lot btw, but I've seen games where he's been equally anonymous when we aren't getting in behind teams. I think Isak will start next week, but there's no guarantees he will tear Wolves apart unless we can get the rest of our game in gear. Personally I think our football has regressed since Willock got out of the team, our football has become less fluid.

5 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Huge respect for him but he’s been getting everything wrong for a while now. 

Just re-quoting this for the utter fucking horse shit of a post that it is.

5 minutes ago, toon25 said:

:lol:

One of the more overdramatic posts of the day (the one you're quoting).

Edited by The Prophet

He’s got a golden chance now to try something new with Big Joe missing 2 very winnable (must win if top 4 is a target?)

2 up top, put in a number 10, 3 at the back. 

or go like for like with Willock coming in for a midfield three.

Howe has evolved from his Bournemouth days and I’ve no doubt he will change his approach again with us, but he needs to quickly if the season isn’t going to end in ultimate disappointment.

11 minutes ago, toon25 said:

You’ll get over it eventually, bless you. But I totally stand by my opinion. Top man, done a great job but he’s got all of the big calls wrong recently, particularly with Isak and ASM. 

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

You’ll get over it eventually, bless you. But I totally stand by my opinion. Top man, done a great job but he’s got all of the big calls wrong recently, particularly with Isak and ASM. 

:lol:

Never change Ronald:anguish:, never change.

The thing that's so annoying about the Wilson situation is how much rope he seems to have. If any other player had played as poorly as he has for months, I can't seriously imagine they'd be still starting XI. Isak has 2 starts, 1 in a largely 10-man performance, and it's straight back on the bench. After all the focus on creating competition in the squad, it's infuriating.

I don't think it'd have massively changed today's outcome but if we'd have scored or looked more fluid then we'd go into next Sunday with more confidence.

Fuck Pep, all that praise when he wins is so disingenuous, it’s all mind games to keep the pressure on the manager and players.

You measure them as people when things aren’t going on and how they treat others, including journalists.. both him and Klopp are seriously lacking there.

I love Howe and he’s doing a fantastic job but I wouldn’t necessarily say he’s over achieving and we’re now finding our way to where we probably should be. In those draws we dominated (not including Arsenal) and created plenty of chances to win but we just couldn’t score. Now it’s on Howe to persist with Wilson and not try Isak or not work ASM back into the starting 11 again, maybe if he did we’d have won some of those draws but we’ll never know.

Now is Howe’s true test because he must know he needs to change it about up front. Me, I’d try a trio of ASM, Isak and Gordon next weekend. Give Miggy a rest to recharge and just drop Wilson for just being out of form, and maybe he could use the rest aswell to be fair. If he keeps persisting with the same line ups and we keep dropping points he’s going to be getting called out for it and rightly so. 

Edited by Decky

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

Then he shouldn’t have spent £63m on him and put it towards a CF he would play.

Do you have access to Howes bank statements? Like that decision was solely down to him.