Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

They definitely both need to play, especially against weaker sides going forward. I love Miggy but for sides that defend deep I think we should have Gordon on the right with Barnes on the left. Can’t wait for Willock to come back so we’ve got more pace at moving with the ball in the side. Joelinton needs benched until he’s fit 

I think with Trippier clearly being told not to go forward it meant we had no width at all because both wingers were cutting inside. Gordon or Murphy on the right would have at least held their width

The players look like they're not playing for each other, no hunger, no drive. Individual errors are costing us dearly, but we haven't been running back or covering like we did last season. Bruno's been very mediocre for the last few games, in fact I'd go as far as to say the second part of last season saw him tail off, no idea why. Pope's looked suspect ever since he got that red card, the players in general look like they're waiting for the ball to come to them rather than chasing it down themselves. We're putting out what 'should' be our best eleven, it just feels like we've dropped off, like there's no spark or energy.

For the record, I didn't think we played that badly against Man City and one nil against them is respectable enough, but we don't look solid enough across the board this season, even Tripps has been making some unexpected decisions and mistakes.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Even talk of losing Howe is mental in the head. Some fans never learn. Should we get Souness in too?

It's really more that fans know PIF won't just piss about and wait too long for things to get better, they will absolutely look to change things quickly if it's not working.

Edited by Aiston

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Yes but Pep does it because it reduces space for opposition.  We give opposition acres of space in rest defence. 

Which brings us back to the point we have no decent defensive midfielders on our books.

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

It's really more that fans know PIF won't just piss about and wait too long for things to get better, they will absolutely look to change things quickly if it's not working.

"Know". [emoji38]

There's zero to indicate that our board don't have full trust in Howe.

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

The players look like they're not playing for each other, no hunger, no drive. Individual errors are costing us dearly, but we haven't been running back or covering like we did last season. Bruno's been very mediocre for the last few games, in fact I'd go as far as to say the second part of last season saw him tail off, no idea why. Pope's looked suspect ever since he got that red card, the players in general look like they're waiting for the ball to come to them rather than chasing it down themselves. We're putting out what 'should' be our best eleven, it just feels like we've dropped off, like there's no spark or energy.

For the record, I didn't think we played that badly against Man City and one nil against them is respectable enough, but we don't look solid enough across the board this season, even Tripps has been making some unexpected decisions and mistakes.

Pretty much what I've just been saying to my mate. We were putting in serious distances last season and it looks like we're so passive and lethargic in comparison. 

Some people have got nerves made of cheestrings like, fucking hell :lol:

Was a poor performance today but even so we had chances. Howe will be under no pressure other than to address recent performances and results, and rightly so. They'll work on it, we'll be fine. 

People have to accept we will not be top4 this season. We were good last season, but our squad is nowhere near costant top4 material. 

Our play is predictable, and we try to get over it by intensity. We look clueless with the ball against low block, and very open on the counter. You cannot play football when the whole midfield is pushing high and no one is protecting the line when we lose the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Aiston said:

You don’t know that though.  There is zero evidence for it. 

Just now, mikejaxer said:

Jose Mourinho

What sort of insane asylum signs players to play for Eddie Howe and then sacks him for Mourinho. We aren't run by the fucking chuckle brothers.

Entirely different managers. One is on his way up in the game and one on his way out.

Let's dig up Brian Clough and stick him on the bench too. 

5 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Based on "we want to be the best, we want to be number 1".

If we don't pick up points from Brentford, Sheff Utd or Burnley we could be at the wrong end of the table and they'll probably panic.

I didn't say I want him gone.

Then we need the no1 income in the league.  At the moment we’re roughly on par with West Ham.  Adding £35m in shirt and sleeve sponsorship is chicken feed in PL terms. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You don’t know that though.  There is zero evidence for it. 

Why have evidence when you can just smash your head off a keyboard and see how the letters and sentences land.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

My point is you don’t need defensive midfielders. You just need to be organised to reduce space.  We are not organised to reduce space between the lines. 

Aye, the calls for DMs now seem a bit weird considering we were very successful without a true DM last season.

47 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We finished 4th last season. We’ve spent £130m to build on that.

Is anyone remotely confident we are capable of finishing top 4 again? Genuine question.

I wasn't remotely confident we were capable of finishing top 4 last season, but we did and with a much weaker squad. Not saying that means we'll do the same again, but I'm not sure that perspective is the right way to be looking at things. We're not just building for now, we're building for 5 years from now. There's got to be a trade off somewhere.

It's a bit wild after 4 games such conclusions and accusations are being made already. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

My point is you don’t need defensive midfielders. You just need to be organised to reduce space.  We are not organised to reduce space between the lines. 

City always play at least one DM.

5 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

People have to accept we will not be top4 this season. We were good last season, but our squad is nowhere near costant top4 material. 

Our play is predictable, and we try to get over it by intensity. We look clueless with the ball against low block, and very open on the counter. You cannot play football when the whole midfield is pushing high and no one is protecting the line when we lose the ball. 

So why did we not sign the players to eradicate that issue, which was highly noticeable last year in certain games.

My view re the summer spend is that Howe would have been given assurances, given that two-thirds of the budget was spent on players for the future.  If the expectation was top four, he’d have been crackers to not jump up and down and demand that it all be spent on first teamers.

There will be a plan, and these are just bumps in the road. 

With Howe I’ve always thought he really only has a Plan A and his plan B is doing Plan A better. I think he’s been done tactically 3 games in a row and he hasn’t responded in the match or in the following matches.  If he’s going to take us to the top he’s going to need to be able to switch things up. 

I like him. I want us to give him lots of time. But I think I can see the limitations of his current ability. 

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Aye, the calls for DMs now seem a bit weird considering we were very successful without a true DM last season.

We do not need DM, we need the players to have clear roles. Seems like it just takes time to integrate Tonali to that midfield.

But the thing is, we are horrible under press. Bruno comes to collect the ball, is facing his own goal, and no support.