Transfer rumours

Yorkie

If we are to stick with the way we play, I’d keep Gayle because he kind of fits in that system as brilliantly demonstrated at home to Arsenal I thought and is probably our best finisher or the person I’d trust most to get goals of all our forwards.

No way man, he’ll never score many at this level.

I agree that he's very much a Rafa player and has considerably improved his all round game the last 6 months in particular. But yeah, he's not a good enough finisher at this level.

I would keep Gayle as well, unless we really have transformed our ability to sign people. We already need to sign a top-quality striker.

If we can finish 10th with last season’s squad then the priory should be to move one or two to the bench and add more match winners.

20 mil for Mitro and 11 or 12 for Gayle?  :dontknow:

What is so funny about that ?

It's a smiley representing a feeling of not knowing if something is good or not. You're making me defend KaKa. Get a grip, afar. Get a grip.

LOL thanks for clearing that up :)

I don't believe you laughed out loud.

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/phony-memes/5bc63af58a7458e438f4ef2d3ec20876e302c4a586105cdd3491670522ee1727.jpg

Hehe, you are right it was more like a snigger.

Guest neesy111

Apparently he's out of contract next month. Don't see that one being true.

Bosman ruling doesn't apply in turkey.

How the fuck would you even pronounce his name, can’t even use his first name instead.

O-uz-han Erz-ya-cup.

Oğuzhan Özyakup

ğ is a silent letter in Turkish. Ö is pronounced like the Ö in Özil.

Think he was linked before. Awaiting Paperback to deny it imminently.

From the Chron:

"Oguzhan Ozyakup is not a new name on the Newcastle United radar - he is someone the Magpies have tracked for an extended period. The former Arsenal midfielder has excelled in Turkey, winning two league titles with Besiktas, but he is believed to be agitating for a move back to England. It is no secret that Rafa Benitez wants to sign a creative midfielder this summer - he has sought one for the past three transfer windows, if truth be told - and Ozyakup would certainly fit that mould. If the £13m price tag being cited in Turkey is correct, then that seems a bargain for the 30-cap international. Newcastle are looking at a number of options to strengthen their midfield, and Ozyakup is certainly someone they have a long-standing interest in."

Competition for Perez?

Replacement hopefully

He was brilliant for us last season, man. Transformed the team when he played. Don't get this opinion at all.

I think it's because when he's poor he's bloody awful so you end up liking or not liking him, but as you say he helped transform the team toward the end. He needs competition to push him on to be better and more consistent (which he needs), not to hoy him out imo.