Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Not winning this game all but confirms relegation to me that's 3 games we needed to win and weve picked up 3 points weve failed to beat Brighton,Swansea and now Burnley

The lost 2 points will relegate us make no doubts about it

We cant win at home and we have a striker whos fucking sunday league standard these 2 points lost today will relegate us

we have now failed to beat Brighton x2, Burnley x2,Bournemouth, Watford and HUddersfield losing 5 of them games without scoring a single goal....We don't belong in this league man with that record

31st January after drawing at home to Burnley - "We're definitely going down lads, 100%".

21st June after finishing 10th, 11 (effectively 12) points clear of relegation - "Well that wasn't very convincing.  Only stayed up because we didn't draw many games" (we drew 1 less than 3rd bottom Swansea).

Give credit where it's due man ffs, it's embarrassing otherwise.

Of course I give credit where credit is due being a fan of NUFC for nearly 40 years is a rollercoaster of emotions. We done superbly In the end to finish 10th. I do think with the squad though we punched above our weight at times and the points we accrued usually wouldn't finish so highly  that just highlights the huge gulf between 6 and the rest

We do need some decent investment though as we can't expect to replicate the back end of last season by standing still. The sheer reluctance to even compete with the remaining 14 teams in the league is what is so alarming. These days even 20m only gets you average shite so what chance do we have when we won't go above 15

Much like everyone else on here I just want us to be able to compete because without attempting to compete the hope we all have is gone

Sorry for repeating myself but I totally disagree with the "punching above our weight".  An absolute nonsense comment that creates negative reviews on this site.  We were well worthy of the tenth position at the very least.  I also had issues with people's comments of "Championship Club with a World class manager".  Total rubbish.  We actually have a good core of players with an actual excellent manager.  Rafa knows this and the squad will only improve under him. 

We will be ok under Rafa's regime.  It's the carnage afterwards we have to deal with (Ashsley).

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Sorry for repeating myself but I totally disagree with the "punching above our weight".  An absolute nonsense comment that creates negative reviews on this site.  We were well worthy of the tenth position at the very least.  I also had issues with people's comments of "Championship Club with a World class manager".  Total rubbish.  We actually have a good core of players with an actual excellent manager.  Rafa knows this and the squad will only improve under him. 

We will be ok under Rafa's regime.  It's the carnage afterwards we have to deal with (Ashsley).

I call bullshit

Mangala is a bizarre rumour.  At least 3 positions we desperately need to strengthen ahead of centre half.

It's the position we are by far the best covered in, IMO. Got four players that is good enough to play there.

Only Lascelles is good enough. The rest are being made to look better by Rafa’s management but ultimately it’s going to hinder the team I.e more focus on full back or central midfielder defending. Improving centre back could potentially unlock other parts of the team and add more attacking impetus

Harsh on Lejeune.

Not sure why anyone is faffing over a new CB we need a quality fourth on evidence of the injuries we had last year. Mangala is probably a lazy one and a repeat offender over the past few windows. I'd be happy with him provided he isn't costing half our budget.

Embarrassing if true (unlikely I know).

I have four days to decide if I am renewing or not and I'm heavily in the 'not' camp at the minute.

has the renewal date not passed?  fuck me they've not even made a token effort to get people to renew based on lies, they think PL status in itself is enough then

Guest neesy111

Embarrassing if true (unlikely I know).

I have four days to decide if I am renewing or not and I'm heavily in the 'not' camp at the minute.

has the renewal date not passed?  fuck me they've not even made a token effort to get people to renew based on lies, they think PL status in itself is enough then

30th June.

Looking at the options in this current market for our reported 40-odd million budget, it’s would seem likely that Benitez sees selling Mitrovic, Mbemba and Merino as crucial to start our summer transfer plans; they are, for better or worse, not first team options that can be shifted reasonably quickly (very important) for moderate sums.

Once you add the ~ 35+ million from them, you can then start planning accordingly.

This next bit is all speculation but…

Just to make a point, from a few of the names linked- with admittedly ambiguous player values- you could be looking at:

Kenedy/ Traore/ Limbombe: 15-25 million

Stuarro/ Ndiaye/ Ozyakup:  12-20 million   

King/ Rondon/ Jorgenson:  15-25 million

+ 4 million from Dubravka

Realistically you’re already at around 60 million pounds (also agent fees etc. etc.) with whatever's left going towards addressing the CAM issue and a replacement for Mbemba (which may be why we’ve registered an interest in Skrtl for cheap?). Anyway long story short, it’s a 3-D chess game that Rafa has to perform to get everything we need with the limitations imposed; it therefore makes sense to me why we've been so sluggish thus far as we need to sell to ascertain what options we can go for this summer.