Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I'm not reading all that, but I do agree there's probably not an overall budget as such. The reason there's not a budget or a plan is that the focus is on keeping costs down, which is shite of the highest order for a club as big as us.

Any article that uses that £62.5m loss number from the previous accounts as some kind of true baseline is a article not worth reading, we all know the real loss was massively lower than that, something like a £20m loss in real terms wasn't it?  This year our revenue will have increased by around £80m.  So to suggest there should be no money available is before sales is nonsense.

Policy is to do the bare minimum to scrape a PL place until there's a massive pile of cash there that is kindly given to the manager by the owner apparently backing him with a massive warchest or something.

I skim read that article and why the fuck they're trying to make sense of the smoke and mirrors accounting practices that are used to excuse the gross mismanagement of a once competitive football club I've no idea. It's all bollocks, it's always been bollocks, it will continue to be bollocks.

Any article that uses that £62.5m loss number from the previous accounts as some kind of true baseline is a article not worth reading, we all know the real loss was massively lower than that, something like a £20m loss in real terms wasn't it?  This year our revenue will have increased by around £80m.  So to suggest there should be no money available is before sales is nonsense.

This Vysyble outfit obviously fancy supplying Ronnie with financial insight fir a bit of free promotion (the new Vinay Bedi), but Christ what a load of absolute bollocks they are spouting.

Policy is to do the bare minimum to scrape a PL place until there's a massive pile of cash there that is kindly given to the manager by the owner apparently backing him with a massive warchest or something.

I skim read that article and why the fuck they're trying to make sense of the smoke and mirrors accounting practices that are used to excuse the gross mismanagement of a once competitive football club I've no idea. It's all bollocks, it's always been bollocks, it will continue to be bollocks.

:thup:

I actually believed we'd kick on this summer and even though it's early, all signs point to the same ol' shit.

I even thought Amanda would buy us, gan radge and we'd all live happily ever after..

It really feels like it’s going to take something drastic to get shut of Ashley.

A sustained spell in the championship, administration etc.

I think it’s clear he has no intention of selling and anything he says to the contrary of this is just a smokescreen.

We don't normally do much in June as it's the year end this month but after 11 years of Ashley's bull-shit, lies, deceit and complete wankery - I have no confidence at all that the fat wanker will back Rafa as he deserves to be backed.

Absolutely hate the bastard!

Guest chopey

I was pretty confident earlier in the month and I took Rafa's silence as a blessing it sounds like his patience is running out and he'll have to get by with a limited budget made up of a percentage of player sales income ............................if fucking stinks.

I was pretty confident earlier in the month and I took Rafa's silence as a blessing it sounds like his patience is running out and he'll have to get by with a limited budget made up of a percentage of player sales income ............................if fucking stinks.

What have you heard / read?

I took that article to mean we won't buy anyone until we sell. It's not saying the club have no money. The article is stating the way Mike Ashley runs the club.

Rafa will see out the last year of his contract. Next Summer will be when the shit really hits the fan (if we haven't already been relegated).

Mike Ashley isn't willing to pay the going rate for players. To add insult to injury, he isn't willing to invest in the facilities or youth coaching setup either so NUFC struggle to attract prospects and it's more difficult to develop our own players.

Best case scenario at this point: The club is waiting to shift wages off the books before trying to sign players. It's not about having money for transfers but our inability to increase the wage bill. Hopefully we will get some big earners off the books; Mitro, Mbemba, Colback and maybe Merino. Once that has happened, perhaps we will start spending money on players that Rafa wants.

If that happens, and it's a big if, we might just satisfy Rafa enough.

Best case scenario at this point: The club is waiting to shift wages off the books before trying to sign players. It's not about having money for transfers but our inability to increase the wage bill. Hopefully we will get some big earners off the books; Mitro, Mbemba, Colback and maybe Merino. Once that has happened, perhaps we will start spending money on players that Rafa wants.

If that happens, and it's a big if, we might just satisfy Rafa enough.

wasn't that the point of those dodgy accounts, to write most of them off the wage bill?

not mitro obvs but wasn't it £30m for paying the contracts up front of the dogshit we want rid of?

i've been wondering this - while that was presumably a way for them to justify the shitty spend last summer following promotion doesn't it theoretically put us in a much better spot on paper this summer as that's already written off...i mean they can just invent another expenditure of course but in theory...

I really can't understand how Sels is on wages so high it's more than any Belgium league player gets. He was signed when we were in the Championship. Did NUFC really have to offer him such high wages to come here? Did he automatically go on to Premiership wages when we won promotion? The football world has gone mad when top European leagues can't match Championship wages.

It really feels like it’s going to take something drastic to get shut of Ashley.

A sustained spell in the championship, administration etc.

I think it’s clear he has no intention of selling and anything he says to the contrary of this is just a smokescreen.

Only personal circumstances will relinquish his grip I feel. His own health or Sports Direct going down the shit. Not football matters.