Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Newcastle United monitoring rumours (the ‘in my head’ version) Loftus Cheek, Townsend, and Bas Dost. Plus some defensive CM gadgie (let’s say Luiz) who has made Hayden realise he’s needs to be within walking, rather than fly-drive, distance of his family.

read an article about the manyoo interest, there was a video and i like the look of him a lot for a 17 year old...looks big, pacy and direct

any scandos have an opinion?

Currently raping the Norwegian league, and he’s only 17. Hard to say if he’d be able to step up to anywhere near PL level quickly though, but he’s massive and yet has great manouverability.

In the press here it’s said he’ll only go to a place he gets to play as he doesn’t want to «do an Ødegaard».

read an article about the manyoo interest, there was a video and i like the look of him a lot for a 17 year old...looks big, pacy and direct

any scandos have an opinion?

Currently raping the Norwegian league, and he’s only 17. Hard to say if he’d be able to step up to anywhere near PL level quickly though, but he’s massive and yet has great manouverability.

In the press here it’s said he’ll only go to a place he gets to play as he doesn’t want to «do an Ødegaard».

from those clips i can absolutely see why rafa would want to sign him now like, could potentially be a perfect rafa striker if he develops...proper club would buy him and loan back for a season or whatever of course :okay:

Getting the ominous feeling Rafa is getting shafted again. We will no doubt get a couple of players in but they will no doubt be players way down rafas list (like Joselu) and the squad will be left short yet again.

Would take Matt Phillips gladly. Got a lot about him.

Was really good two seasons ago. Though that is probably an outlier. If he showed that ability though then is well worth it. Considering that is not very much in this era. Can definitely see why Rafa would want him.

I try and think...where would WBA been last season had Rafa been managing that roster.... and I gotta think right around where we ended up. Has wonderful delivery IIRC on the cross and could allow for more direct play with Kenedy-Phillips out wide. Just need that #9 who can do things in the air and have work rate.

phillips played well against us last season i seem to recall, very well, but yeah hopefully one for the bullshit pile

He played very well against us. I would be happy if we get him.

Guest ElCid

Fucking pisses me off when I keep seeing us going for players from the bottom shelf whist other clubs are at least trying to be competitive in the market. Year after year after year and yet 000s of sheep keep following. This utter cunt has totally fucked our club and once Rafa fucks off next year will people finally start getting the message I very much doubt it. Two relegations caused by a total will full mismanagement of a club. How many more Joselus need to be signed before the message finally gets through. Sick and tired of this utter cunt taking the piss with his clueless pathetic and useless associate fucking ihings up at the command of his lord and master.

I have to smirk (not in a good way) whenever i see our name linked with players that cost over £15m, it's almost as if the media completely ignore the last ten years.

We're the very definition of being left behind.

I have to smirk (not in a good way) whenever i see our name linked with players that cost over £15m, it's almost as if the media completely ignore the last ten years.

Yep. We’ll sink like a lead balloon without Rafa.

Aye, without Rafa is a scary thought as we're seeing Ashley has learnt nothing, and to not back Rafa now after surely seeing what we all see is an avoidable madness.

Just going to enjoy this season and write the club off until he's gone.

My back-of-the-envelope scribblings estimate that the club should have around £35m available in cash at this point in the year taking into account business done so far and assuming there has been no money paid up to Ashley (based on the 'every penny' comments). We know Ashley doesn't want to put additional funds into the club unless to stave off financial distress so that's probably a decent benchmark as to the maximum net cash outlay- so our approach to instalment vs cash up front could have a big impact.