Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Unless the takeover it is going to happen it will be hard for me to accept someone competent and likeable.

To be honest people laugh at Holloway but my reasons for not wanting him would be that he is too good a person for us

Big Sam fits the bill perfectly, grease him up and shove him in the hole until the take over happens.  Take over fails and you have some gimp who loves the lime light and can work in a constrained budget, he'd also love the fact that he would get a dirty cut of any player sales.

Big Sam fits the bill perfectly, grease him up and shove him in the hole until the take over happens.  Take over fails and you have some gimp who loves the lime light and can work in a constrained budget, he'd also love the fact that he would get a dirty cut of any player sales.

Yep. That's where my money is. He fits perfectly given the state of this club under Ashley. He needs work, damaged goods, happy to be unpopular, will work for performance related bonuses and he won't give a fuck about the fans/press reaction.

hippo head strikes me as a guy who holds a grudge forever so being sacked by ashley probably means he'll never come here again

Aye but he would like nothing more than having his ego polished up by the people who sacked him by groveling at his feet, begging him to return.

All manner of horror available to read here: -

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-takeover-transfer-news-16474362

Sam Allardyce asked if he'd take the Newcastle job

Not to worry, his response to TalkSport was realistic and diplomatic. He said:

I would never be offered that job again so I think that’s a hypothetical question.

I don’t think so. In my time I was between Freddie Shepherd losing the club and Mike [Ashley] taking the club.

“As the years have gone by, Kevin Keegan’s gone back, Alan Shearer’s been back and both of them didn’t quite do as well as the fans expected. So I think there’s less of an expectation for the manager of Newcastle now than there was when I was there.

“So I think whoever gets the job he needs to have a good relationship with the CEO or Mike, if possible, and keep taking the club forward until he sells it.”

Calcio Mercato put forward Gattuso as an ideal Rafa replacement

In a column in the respectable Italian outlet, they write of ex-Ac Milan player and manager Gennaro Gattuso:

He would definitely give Newcastle players a sense of desire and a fighting spirit. Gattuso’s training sessions are said to be very demanding and the coach himself expects a lot from his players who, however, very often have great relationships with him.

Regarding the tactical scheme, Gattuso is a guarantee of defensive stability. He is a coach who seeks precision and solidity at the back and that is his strongest aspect as a coach. With him, Newcastle’s defensive organisation could improve but on the other hand, the offensive phase of the game could struggle.

During his time at Milan, the attack of the Rossoneri seemed somewhat toothless and often without a head and tail, focusing on the individual quality of the likes of Suso or Piatek.

On the other hand, it must be said that Gattuso was under immense pressure at AC Milan, which was very clear from his press conferences where he exposed his exhaustion to the world on many occasions. With all respect towards Newcastle, the expectations are not as big and thus there would not be as much pressure as at the San Siro.

All in all, it is clear that Gattuso is still not a complete coach and has some work to do. But he is only at the beginning of his career and a team like Newcastle could perhaps be a good step for him to try and make a qualitative leap. His strength is, as mentioned, defensive organisation, while there is still work to do in the attacking phase and handling the pressure. If Newcastle gives Gattuso the necessary patience and calm to work, it may turn out to be a jackpot for the English side.

Newcastle to press on with transfers despite Rafa's exit - report

This from the Mirror’s Simon Bird

Despite being without a boss, Newcastle chiefs will now push on with signing players they have lined-up with their scouting team, and Benitez was not keen on.

Hoffenheim’s Brazilian striker Joelinton is a £30m-plus target. Nice winger Allan Saint-Maximin has also been looked at, and would cost £25m.

Would be typical if they just spunked over 50m on joelinton and some winger and went on a spending spree.

I think it's absolutely going to happen.

Varying reports that provided the players are int he right age range then they will spend.

Joelinton was being offered up as a younger version of Rondon, but Rafa wasn't interested.

This issue has been the main sticking poitn throughout Rafa's tenure.

Will they finally just get a manager that is qualified to work according to this stipulation and not a Steve McClaren?

This is the big issue we face.

Will they finally just get a manager that is qualified to work according to this stipulation and not a Steve McClaren?

Let me go ahead and answer that right now for you: no.

It's so bloody simple man.

These younger head coach types, should be the easiest to get considering the profile of the club.

We are again seeing Vieira, Gattuso and even Van Bronckhorst being linked and said to be interested, and these fit that mould.

It would be so crazy if we see someone like Monk come in.

How many times can they possibly screw this up for goodness sake.

“Signing players Benítez wasn’t keen on”

Fucking arseholes.  One of the key qualities Rafa looked for was a players character, their attitude and willingness to work for the team. Honestly, I can’t wait to see this shit show unfold and crumble.  Hope we get relegated miserably and stay down while Ashley is here

“Signing players Benítez wasn’t keen on”

Fucking arseholes.  One of the key qualities Rafa looked for was a players character, their attitude and willingness to work for the team. Honestly, I can’t wait to see this shit show unfold and crumble.  Hope we get relegated miserably and stay down while Ashley is here

We know we will end up with some scrap heap manager or someone totally out of their depth, so we can instantly remove 10-15 points that Rafa's carefully squad management brought us over a season.  I can honestly see relegation happening.

These younger head coach types, should be the easiest to get considering the profile of the club.

We are again seeing Vieira, Gattuso and even Van Bronckhorst being linked and said to be interested, and these fit that mould.

It would be so crazy if we see someone like Monk come in.

How many times can they possibly screw this up for goodness sake.

There is one constant in the managers Ashley has employed and that is experience. He won't go for a younger manager, rather he'll fall into the trap of seeing someone who has been sacked 6 times as having the right experience in the game.

All managers worth their salt have ambition. Ambition that Ashley will not match or tolerate. Eventually it all blows up.

All he wants is another Pardew. Someone to toe the line and scrape by with minimal investment.

In as much as I believe they're "willing to spend" I also believe it's only to lure someone in with the expectation of going back to spending nowt as soon as possible.