Transfer rumours

Yorkie

The few times I’ve seen him for Rangers he’s looked poor, but has a good set-piece. Like a right-sided Ian Harte.

I only watched their games against Celtic last season but I thought he stood out as one of the best players on the pitch the few times I did watch

We'll get Joelinton and ASM, plus A.N.Other and then sell Longstaff on deadline day without replacing him. Relegated by a midfield of Shelvey and Colback. Reach FA Cup final and lose to Liverpool. Written in the stars.

Reach FA cup final? You on crack mate?

Nice only scored 30 goals in Ligue 1 last season?!

They were still a good side despite that, the team is pretty defensive. Balotelli and Plea left last summer with essentially no replacement, and Saint-Maximin had to play upfront for long stretches of the season. ASM is definitely not a striker, imo, he should play on the left.

I like the boy as a player, very entertaining dribbler and physically gifted, but I'm not sure if he will translate to the Premier League and specifically a Steve Bruce side at all, tbh. A big risk for a club that never spends. Everything about his profile makes me think he'll be someone the manager won't fully trust.

They were still a good side despite that, the team is pretty defensive. Balotelli and Plea left last summer with essentially no replacement, and Saint-Maximin had to play upfront for long stretches of the season. ASM is definitely not a striker, imo, he should play on the left.

I like the boy as a player, very entertaining dribbler and physically gifted, but I'm not sure if he will translate to the Premier League and specifically a Steve Bruce side at all, tbh. A big risk for a club that never spends. Everything about his profile makes me think he'll be someone the manager won't fully trust.

yeah a weird one. He has played on the right but clearly favors the left. I guess hatem did too.

Maybe Almiron doesnt play wide left but behind Joelinton. Makes some sense if we also buy Bowen for the right. Not so much otherwise.

Don't want to turn my nose up at signings right now but I really hope we find an alternative to Saint-Maximin.

Jean-Philippe Mateta is the one I wanted more than Joelinton, Saint-Maximin.

Proper striker reminds me of Demba Ba.

Joelinton will need time to make the striker role his best position.

NUFC were offered Mateta for £8m last summer...

Yeah, heard about that too. Rafa wasn't keen and wouldn't sign off on it, and MA was pissed off apparently.

Based only a highlights video, but he looks like a player who has to try and do something spectacular every time he gets the ball, rather than release it early. Not a team player, basically.

Guest chopey

I still think we will sell at least one player for big money before the deadline and if we are losing 0 3 at halftime against Arsenal what will Bruce do? Its not as though he can go out and buy some of the cloggers he has used before

I still think we will sell at least one player for big money before the deadline and if we are losing 0 3 at halftime against Arsenal what will Bruce do? Its not as though he can go out and buy some of the cloggers he has used before

"no more goals".

I like him but he definitely has a touch of the Adamw Trarore about him. His end product and decision making is  suspect

Definitely has poor decision making in the final third but I'd rather us sign someone like him who has the traits you can't teach and lacks the ones you can. His pace and skill are unquestionable. He just needs to look up when he gets into the box by the looks of it.

I like him but he definitely has a touch of the Adamw Trarore about him. His end product and decision making is  suspect

Definitely has poor decision making in the final third but I'd rather us sign someone like him who has the traits you can't teach and lacks the ones you can. His pace and skill are unquestionable. He just needs to look up when he gets into the box by the looks of it.

Sounds like Overran.

I’m not too sure you can reach decision making personally, perhaps to a certain level but if Traore couldn’t learn it at Barca, then I’m not so sure. Being able to choose correctly in the final third is often an innate skill.

He could be coached to look up and pick somebody out when in the box though which would help his game, rather than just seemingly toe-punting it anywhere when he's out of dribble room. Teamwork can be coached into a player.

I’m not too sure you can reach decision making personally, perhaps to a certain level but if Traore couldn’t learn it at Barca, then I’m not so sure. Being able to choose correctly in the final third is often an innate skill.

Lucky we didn't just bin off a load of world class coaches.

A better undertanding with team-mates can help with decision making. It's also something you'd expect to improve by learning from mistakes. A professional attitude and a willingness to listen are essential. Oh, and a manager like Rafa.

The stuff of nightmares...

Fancy the King starting that useless t*** over HBA

Tbf you can do what you want when your the king

Fuck I hate Bruce so much I'd prefer the king back. Least he didn't pretend to be a massive Newcastle fan

He could be coached to look up and pick somebody out when in the box though which would help his game, rather than just seemingly toe-punting it anywhere when he's out of dribble room. Teamwork can be coached into a player.

Wtf  :lol: coached to look up and pick someone out in the box, don't you get taught that at like 8 year old ffs

Wtf  :lol: coached to look up and pick someone out in the box, don't you get taught that at like 8 year old ffs

Well clearly Maximin didn't :lol:

You can coach him to think about team mates more, but his decision whether to hang onto the ball or pass it, is ultimately his own. It’s what separates the best from the rest

Rafa is extremely specific in how he wants everyone to play. Didn't he kick off over a corner being taken differently to how he wanted it to be taken last season?