Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I like Wilson but he has an injury in him (done his acl in both knees) which is terrifying considering our constant issue with those on the whole.

The more I think about it for a pure goal getter we really should go for Michy Batshuayi. He gets in behind and is so dangerous in the box. His all around game can be inconsistent, but the way we started using Joelinton as a link man coming in from out wide in the 4-2-3-1 I think that mitigates that. Worked well for Gayle who is very much a poacher and not much else as he got goals and was effective once we switched the formation.

I think most clubs are looking for more modern all around forwards and that could work to our advantage with Michy. The article below regarding why he hasn't had as much interest in him is really interesting. Think he would really suit us though. We are desperate for an out and out goal scorer. Similar to what Papiss Cisse was for us previously.

https://footballwhispers.com/blog/the-world-class-goalscorer-no-club-wants-the-curious-case-of-michy-batshuayi/

After reading that yesterday I think this makes the most sense for us. We’ve had absolutely nothing from our forwards all of last season. If we can bring a poacher in with Almiron and ASM it’ll look like a massive improvement. If he offers nothing else he’s still equally what everyone else did but he’s adding a goal threat.

He has to be cheap as well. He basically ticks all of our usual target boxes. If we signed him, a left back and maybe another wide player then we’d easily achieve Ashley’s 17th dream.

I’ll be in the minority here but I think that’s a bad deal for us. I think we’ll need leadership this season and it’ll be too easily for some to lean on the failed takeover. As long as a Ritchie is a squad player rather than a guaranteed starter he’ll be too beneficial to swap for a player that looked like he could be finished after that knee injury.

I’m assuming it would be him plus money too.

Ritchie should definitely be surplus to requirements here. He should be sent to the glue factory. He’s done.

But he’s british, has grit and is loved by bacon boy and the donnay army so he’s going nowhere. Probably get a new deal.

Didn’t he already sign a new deal? I thought that he had done quite recently and that’s why I didn’t believe in this swap rumour one bit.

Ritchie should definitely be surplus to requirements here. He should be sent to the glue factory. He’s done.

But he’s british, has grit and is loved by bacon boy and the donnay army so he’s going nowhere. Probably get a new deal.

Didn’t he already sign a new deal? I thought that he had done quite recently and that’s why I didn’t believe in this swap rumour one bit.

Aye think your right. 4 year deals for him and Shelvey wasn’t it.

Aye think your right. 4 year deals for him and Shelvey wasn’t it.

3 year

Batshuayi would be very good, i.e no chance in hell

The sad thing is if we want him we could get him. Chelsea have decided to move him on, particularly as he is in the final year of his contract now, and they will be using Werner, Abraham and Giroud, while Havertz can also play up top.

Going to be interesting to see who we end up with, if anyone. There are a decent number of options out there in the likes of Callum Wilson, Josh King, Alfredo Morelos, Michy Batshuayi, and even Ollie Watkins. It will be terrible if we end up blowing it.

Please stop pushing this rumour - it makes me vomit in my mouth every time I read it...

Unrealisitc signing? Or you think he's bad?

Absolutely awful signing. Not good enough, and frankly broken in the head.

Would certainly prefer the money collect interest in Ashley’s account and persist with Joelinton.

Can’t half tell you are a Celtic fan :lol: complete biased hyperbole.

Morelos is decent and better than anything we have. More mental than Mitro mind.

Also am I the only one not that impressed with Callum Wilson

ST: Wilson

LW: Fraser / Joelinton

RW:  ASM

CAM: Miggy / Longstaff

Other than Joelinton this is a good forward line if pulled off.

Just then get a LB and a CM of just moderate respectability and you have a mid table team there.

There's a reason Edouard is being quoted at 40m and Moreols around 18 ;)

Morelos is decent and better than anything we have. More mental than Mitro mind.

Don't believe that. Better to persist with Joelinton, Carroll, Gayle and Muto than add something that adds nothing

Holy shit, three for three. Would take Wilson over almost everyone we've been linked with :lol:

ST: Wilson

LW: Fraser / Joelinton

RW:  ASM

CAM: Miggy / Longstaff

Other than Joelinton this is a good forward line if pulled off.

Just then get a LB and a CM of just moderate respectability and you have a mid table team there.

If "pulled off". Makes it sound like a dream.  :lol:

Anyone still wanting Ashleys club to do well is beyond help.

There's a reason Edouard is being quoted at 40m and Moreols around 18 ;)

Don't believe that. Better to persist with Joelinton, Carroll, Gayle and Muto than add something that adds nothing

Holy shit, three for three. Would take Wilson over almost everyone we've been linked with :lol:

I didn’t say I’d want Morelos here but you’d letting ur Celtic bias blind you. He’s far better than Gayle and Muto and I cant see Joelinton doing any better than last season. Morelos is decent. Only reason you’d ‘vomit in your mouth’ is coz your a Celtic fan. Get over it

No one mentioned Edouard and no one is paying £40m for him ffs :lol: