Transfer rumours

Yorkie

CB is the one position we didn't need someone for, ffs.

Yeap.

Have you see how bad our fullbacks are?

This.

Left back especially, a striker and either someone who can play right wing or a 10 type should be an absolute priority and we’re loaning a cb. Makes zero sense.

So, heard from a source today that there’s zero budget for Bruce other than from player sales, two players are already linked with other clubs (Hayden being one). Targeting a striker on loan but no idea who it might be (all enquiries unsuccessful so far).

This comes from a first teamer.

Sounds about right. I was just thinking what I would do in that situation but I can’t really even think of anyone we could afford to sell to raise funds to spend elsewhere. Only really Lejeune or Schar but there aren’t going to bring much in? Gayle would be best off sold if we could get 10m then put that towards a good striker on loan. Other than that we have very little room to manoeuvre.

So, heard from a source today that there’s zero budget for Bruce other than from player sales, two players are already linked with other clubs (Hayden being one). Targeting a striker on loan but no idea who it might be (all enquiries unsuccessful so far).

Just like the players know anything about that :lol:

Why wouldn’t they?

This sounds far fetched.

This sounds far fetched.

Yeah, not typical Newcastle at all is it.

Not surprising really that the club would react this way to the current climate after takeover fell through.

The club need to revert to my Football Manager no budget strategy where I:

Sell any player who can be suitably replaced by a cheaper player or through academy promotion and then spend the money on improving the weaker areas.

In this situation, Dubravka, any two of our centre backs, Ritchie, Atsu, Muto, and Joelinton all have to go.

This sounds far fetched.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

This sounds far fetched.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

I literally can’t wait. Exciting times.

Why wouldn’t they?

You think Bruce or Charnley walking around telling all the players there’s no money for players?