Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

I really don't think Wilson would be a good signing.

Agreed, certainly not at £20million. And he's going to work/bring the best out of Almiron and ASM, is he?

Not a clue what Bruce has got in mind tbh and I doubt he does either tbh. Just filling gaps with players he's heard of and are available.

I just look at his career and it seems he had 1 really stand out season, the rest are very very average in a Bournemouth side that were pretty gung ho under Howe in the PL.

Bidding war !!

Interesting. I can see us bowing out.

Honestly, if we're willing to pay £20 million for Wilson, I wish we'd just offer that for Batshuayi who is available for that amount.

He's a far more lethal goal scorer IMO.

Bidding war !!

Interesting. I can see us bowing out.

Honestly, if we're willing to pay £20 million for Wilson, I wish we'd just offer that for Batshuayi who is available for that amount.

He's a far more lethal goal scorer IMO.

Totally agree. No point in having another injury prone striker

Agreed, certainly not at £20million. And he's going to work/bring the best out of Almiron and ASM, is he?

Not a clue what Bruce has got in mind tbh and I doubt he does either tbh. Just filling gaps with players he's heard of and are available.

I just look at his career and it seems he had 1 really stand out season, the rest are very very average in a Bournemouth side that were pretty gung ho under Howe in the PL.

Looking on the Bournemouth forums it seems the consensus is that he's absolutely dependent on great service, meanwhile has lost a yard of pace. Three goals since October. Seems ideal, like.

Worth pointing out he'll be 29 by the end of the coming season, so fuck all re-sale value. Proof if ever that Ashley couldn't give a shit about the famous old transfer policy.

Guest neesy111

It's absolutely disgusting we still have staff on the furlough scheme while bidding £20m on players.

Shouldn't be allowed at all.

Guest neesy111

Looking on the Bournemouth forums it seems the consensus is that he's absolutely dependent on great service, meanwhile has lost a yard of pace. Three goals since October.

Seems ideal, like.

:lol:

Not sure about that mind considering how s*** we are in creating chances.

There was enough there to expect more goals than we did. We weren't great but Bournemouth were 2 or 3 levels worse than us.

There definitely wasn't. We outperformed our xG last season and they underperformed

Wages for Batshuayi will be double that of Wilson, mind

Yeah, that's a good point actually. I think Michy is on around £90k and the rumour is Wilson is wanting £75k.

I think Batshuayi is available initially on loan with an obligation to buy next summer as his contract runs out then, and so depending on how well he does, maybe the year could be used to negotiate his wages for when he would eventually sign next summer. Depending on how he does they could then better determine what he's worth to Newcastle.

Central midfield is still an issue that hasn’t been addressed

Hendrick through the door and Shortstaff secured; not a hope in heck there'll be any more moves in that department.

Looking forward to another season of debating Shelvey's value to the side. A modern favourite.

Seems Villa are determined and they have much deeper pockets than us. No chance we get him anyway.

Will make fuck all difference if Wilson wants NUFC move. He will ask Bournemouth to accept Newcastle bid.

Guest neesy111

It's absolutely disgusting we still have staff on the furlough scheme while bidding £20m on players.

The furlough scheme is an easy ride though surely. What is it 80% of your salary for sat at home? Beats having to work a full week for that other 20%

That's not the point I'm making.  It means we are bidding £20m for players while using a government wage scheme that is being exploited by the club.

Central midfield is still an issue that hasn’t been addressed

Hendrick through the door and Shortstaff secured; not a hope in heck there'll be any more moves in that department.

Looking forward to another season of debating Shelvey's value to the side. A modern favourite.

Ain’t nobody, Jonjo Shelvey, makes yorkie happy makes him feel this way

The furlough scheme is an easy ride though surely. What is it 80% of your salary for sat at home? Beats having to work a full week for that other 20%

I'd rather work tbh. There's not much to do as it is with covid so working at least keeps you sane and gives you some structure to your week.

That's not the point I'm making.  It means we are bidding £20m for players while using a government wage scheme that is being exploited by the club.

Aye it’s a disgrace like but expected nothing less.