Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Wonder whether we will go back for Soumare towards the end of this window of big club interest isn’t forthcoming?

Although on the other hand we’ve spent roughly the same budget on our four incoming players so money could well be gone.

We're not gonna spend £35m on one player, and he's hardly likely to change his mind about coming here just because we might sign Ryan Fraser.

I think it’s very unlikely too as I think Bruce has found better use for £35m.

But I still have this down as maybe 15% chance if no other clubs come in, Lille drop the price by £5m and the player decides to take the stepping stone option.

Nah, the midfield is done now that we have Jeff  O0

almiron simply can't play that role effectively imo, i'd swap him and max around and get him trying to get outside wide left using his pace, he's borderline useless at anything else as he's too one footed

I feel like he's looked most dangerous for us going through the middle tbh, makes him less predictable.

almiron simply can't play that role effectively imo, i'd swap him and max around and get him trying to get outside wide left using his pace, he's borderline useless at anything else as he's too one footed

I feel like he's looked most dangerous for us going through the middle tbh, makes him less predictable.

the only thing it did for him was allow him to be more central and get on the end of a couple of things when he scored his few goals last season, in terms of his general play on the ball i don't think he was really much better though probably a bit better than when he was on the right for obvious reasons

you're sacrificing a position with him in there imo, someone in that role should be comfy on the ball, beat a man, have good balance and be able to get their head up to pick the right pass and that's not almiron :/

He might do better there considering he is quite one footed. Would offer more protections for Lewis who from what I’ve heard isn’t great defensively. The question is how good is Fraser in the right?

the only thing it did for him was allow him to be more central and get on the end of a couple of things when he scored his few goals last season, in terms of his general play on the ball i don't think he was really much better though probably a bit better than when he was on the right for obvious reasons

you're sacrificing a position with him in there imo, someone in that role should be comfy on the ball, beat a man, have good balance and be able to get their head up to pick the right pass and that's not almiron :/

I'd have him there just for his lovely smile, his happiness is too infectious to be out on the wing, needs to be the beacon of light in the middle  :)

But nah, you're probably right, either way his ability to win the ball back and then drive forward is hugely valuable to us whether done from the left or through the middle.

He might do better there considering he is quite one footed. Would offer more protections for Lewis who from what I’ve heard isn’t great defensively. The question is how good is Fraser in the right?

:thup: yeah he's a grafter, would make sense to have him helping out the fullback, trying to get wide forward and getting crosses in for wilson

let ASM be the playmaker and draw players into the middle to cover him

Thought Almiron looked quite handy at #10 in some games over what was a fairly small sample of games. With some more pace & movement around him then I think he could be pretty useful.

doesn't have the composure or awareness to play the role imo, i guess if you're putting most of the play out wide through Fraser & ASM and allowing Almiron to ghost onto things it might work but he's not going to do the playmaker role

Thought Almiron looked quite handy at #10 in some games over what was a fairly small sample of games. With some more pace & movement around him then I think he could be pretty useful.

doesn't have the composure or awareness to play the role imo, i guess if you're putting most of the play out wide through Fraser & ASM and allowing Almiron to ghost onto things it might work but he's not going to do the playmaker role

Bringing ASM into the middle causes the same issue HBA had there - he's better picking it up in space and gaining momentum. Almiron can actually be a pretty smart player, his game is more naturally suited to quick lay-offs and touch passing which is rather what I'd have a #10 doing the majority of the time. He's also got some pretty decent off the ball movement if Shelvey is going to be playing regularly.

Yeah, I think Almiron will look better playing with a more traditional striker that makes runs in behind rather than dropping deep (Joelinton).

ASM for me is at his best taking on defenders out wide and absolutely ruining their lives. Let him do that to his hearts content IMO.

For what it's worth if we ever need to use someone else in the number 10 position, Fraser plays there as well, and is adept at it too. Threads a really decent through ball.

Murmurs of the 3 signings has actually piqued my interest more than I thought they would, considering I've so rarely thought about NUFC since the takeover news was announced. I'm cautious of Fraser & Wilson in that they've both only really had one standout season in the PL but they've both been prominent players in a Bournemouth team that did play some genuinely entertaining football going forward. Not sure how much more productive we'll be considering the systems will still be crap but it should at least be more interesting than some of the absolute dross we were served last season (patches of ASM and, to a lesser extent, Almiron aside).

Murmurs of the 3 signings has actually piqued my interest more than I thought they would, considering I've so rarely thought about NUFC since the takeover news was announced. I'm cautious of Fraser & Wilson in that they've both only really had one standout season in the PL but they've both been prominent players in a Bournemouth team that did play some genuinely entertaining football going forward. Not sure how much more productive we'll be considering the systems will still be crap but it should at least be more interesting than some of the absolute dross we were served last season (patches of ASM and, to a lesser extent, Almiron aside).

It's piqued my interest as well, but only in so far as it will be interesting to see how Bruce makes them function considering these will all be his players. As far as us as a club, nothing has changed, I still expect us to be fighting relegation.