Transfer rumours

Yorkie

31 years old. Next.

Not sure the under-26 policy is as unmoveable as it once was. Carroll, Rose, Hendrick, Wilson - all over 26.

'Keep us up inexpensively' appears to be the only meaningful policy in all football operations.

31 years old. Next.

Not sure the under-26 policy is as unmoveable as it once was. Carroll, Rose, Hendrick, Wilson - all over 26.

'Keep us up inexpensively' appears to be the only meaningful policy in all football operations.

I get that, but surely he's going to want at least a 2/3 year contract, and I can't see us getting him for just the rest of this season. What's the positive for any club releasing a 30+ year old to Newcastle for a few months?

31 years old. Next.

I get that, but surely he's going to want at least a 2/3 year contract, and I can't see us getting him for just the rest of this season. What's the positive for any club releasing a 30+ year old to Newcastle for a few months?

He's probably on pretty high wages

31 years old. Next.

Above all it's Premiership experience they look at now, Bruce banged on about a lot.

31 years old. Next.

Above all it's Premiership experience they look at now, Bruce banged on about a lot.

:thup: Good point, that too.