Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest chopey

When the window shuts on Thursday night Ashley and Charnley will be like Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd on trading places, counting down the seconds until the European clubs can buy our players then........

Sell... Sell... Sell..... As Bruce slumps to the floor cuddling a Newcastle shirt with Elmohamady on the back and just staring into thin air.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Late twist re Krafth after weeks of arguing about the fee and deal looking dead just the other day. Understand he’ll sign before deadline.

You’re a journo? :lol:

Late twist re Krafth after weeks of arguing about the fee and deal looking dead just the other day. Understand he’ll sign before deadline.

You’re a journo? :lol:

He's a scando so I assume he's a bit ITK with this one :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7329877/Newcastle-agree-terms-Amiens-Sweden-international-defender-Emil-Krafth.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Imagine claiming we have a new policy where we sign quality over quantity, then we go on to sign Emil Krafth. Our third average RB. Class.

Apparently we were working on 2 deals yesterday, but now Douglas is saying he thinks it's unlikely we'll get a CM or a striker in, so looks like Krafth will be last one in. Another terrible window where we haven't even replaced the outgoings, let alone strengthen a weak squad. Mint.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Apparently we were working on 2 deals yesterday, but now Douglas is saying he thinks it's unlikely we'll get a CM or a striker in, so looks like Krafth will be last one in. Another terrible window where we haven't even replaced the outgoings, let alone strengthen a weak squad. Mint.

Perez - ASM

Rondon - Joelinton

Diame - Shortstaff

Joselu - Gayle

Am I forgetting someone?

+

A new pair of fullbacks

Any rumors of an outgoing RB? I figured Yedlin but I saw him in that media day video but not sure I spotted Manquillo and someone mentioned a loan rumor out for Manquillo but based off recency bias...that doesnt make much sense.

Yeah Im finding it hard to get excited with signing a bunch of players that have never played in the Premier League. Meaning its likely a half season adjustment will be needed to even see if they can hack it

Manquillo was there training too, you can see him walking out with the others.

Thanks. I must have missed him. I'll be honest I work nights here in the states and literally had just woken up watching the vid. Gotta figure there will be some interest for Yedlin atleast in the Championship and I know a couple american reporters said teams in Germany, Spain, and France were looking in on him but have no idea to the validity cause I usually dont trust rumors to begin with until they multiply and atleast give the name of a team  :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Manquillo was there training too, you can see him walking out with the others.

Thanks. I must have missed him. I'll be honest I work nights here in the states and literally had just woken up watching the vid. Gotta figure there will be some interest for Yedlin atleast in the Championship and I know a couple american reporters said teams in Germany, Spain, and France were looking in on him but have no idea to the validity cause I usually dont trust rumors to begin with until they multiply and atleast give the name of a team  :lol:

Yep, you would think one of them would have to go. Manquillo would probably be the best bet to keep as he can cover both sides where Yedlin is right side only.

Perez - ASM

Rondon - Joelinton

Diame - Shortstaff

Joselu - Gayle

Am I forgetting someone?

+

A new pair of fullbacks

I wouldn't say buying 2 young players who have never scored more than 7/8 league goals in the German and French leagues is replacing our 2 top scorers from last season. (ASM also seems to play a different position to Perez). Likewise Diame, who featured a lot in the last 2 seasons, isn't replaced by an academy graduate who has never played a minute of competitive first team football. Gayle is clearly out of favour, hasn't featured at all in preseason, and has been rumoured to be leaving all summer. Kenedy hasn't been replaced either. We've signed 2 fullbacks who arguably are no better than the ones we currently have.

Perez - ASM

Rondon - Joelinton

Diame - Shortstaff

Joselu - Gayle

Am I forgetting someone?

+

A new pair of fullbacks

I wouldn't say buying 2 young players who have never scored more than 7/8 league goals in the German and French leagues is replacing our 2 top scorers from last season. (ASM also seems to play a different position to Perez). Likewise Diame, who featured a lot in the last 2 seasons, isn't replaced by an academy graduate who has never played a minute of competitive first team football. Gayle is clearly out of favour, hasn't featured at all in preseason, and has been rumoured to be leaving all summer. Kenedy hasn't been replaced either. We've signed 2 fullbacks who arguably are no better than the ones we currently have.

It is replacing them though isn't it? The question is whether they've replaced them with sufficient quality, and that's obviously to be determined. It might prove to be absolutely disastrous, or it might not.

And Gayle's been injured all preseason (so we're told at least).

I think we're going to miss Rondon more than any other player, our league form with him in was brilliant.

Whether Joelinton will fill that void is a wait and see, but i just don't see him with the lack of experience especially in England, being as streetwise and difficult as Rondon was to play against. Not so much missing the goals, it's the hold up play and being that focal point up top that we'll need desperately this season.

He could be superb to be fair to him, time will tell i guess.

Perez - ASM

Rondon - Joelinton

Diame - Shortstaff

Joselu - Gayle

Am I forgetting someone?

+

A new pair of fullbacks

It is replacing them though isn't it? The question is whether they've replaced them with sufficient quality, and that's obviously to be determined. It might prove to be absolutely disastrous, or it might not.

And Gayle's been injured all preseason (so we're told at least).

Ok I'll rephrase - we haven't adequately replaced the players we've lost. We're taking a massive risk on replacing proven performers with inexperienced youngsters and putting massive pressure on them to perform straight away.