Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Might get lejeune back into the team too. Was a thing of beauty for a bit under Rafa having him and Schar pinging the ball about with Jamaal there to just do the simple stuff.

Yep. As well as Clark & Fernandez did, the system doesn’t work without Schar & Lejeune.

Guest reefatoon

If top signings become no object and we can really strengthen all over the pitch, what would peoples preferences be for formation? Back to three centre backs? Good old 4-4-2? What would folks like to see?

Guest reefatoon

I’ve never had a preference of system, just wanted to see winning football.

If you were manager, how would you line them up? (Team of world class players). I don’t think I would go down the 3/5 at the back, but suppose if the team was so strong it would be 3 and not resorting to negative 5 at the back. I like wingers though, and there is no real need of them with wingbacks.

It's a beautiful thing when you can observe a fluid system that's working; you can see the relationships between players and how different parts of the pitch are being linked together. We went from being functional under Rafa to showing that fluidity between February-May 2019, it was great to watch. Huddersfield, Everton and Liverpool home games is where it springs to mind in particular.

Anything like that, don't care what it is and I don't have the footballing acumen to identify what system we should aim for with x or y player addition. But the best thing about that Rafa setup was that you had three attackers who were equally dangerous in their own right, but especially dangerous because of one another,and how they were designed to link together. Almiron was a really fantastic signing, just exactly what we needed.

Abderrazak Hamdallah from the Saudi league  :lol:

abrMxeJ.png

Bloody hell  :lol:

Watched a video of him last night, he’s like a cheap mans Cronaldo. Fast, strong, leaps like a salmon and scores for fun. Good pen taker too (wasted here I know)

Whether any of that can transfer across to the tops leagues I don’t know, but I think he’d be fun to watch. He’s a bit of a dick off the pitch though, refusing to play etc...been a while since we’ve had a maverick dickhead.  :lol:

When does the window open?

Strange one. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s been more of a driving force to finish the seasons than the actual football side.

Just got to hope that the players who do end up here have enough about them for it not to just be a payday. City hit lucky with getting Kompany at that time as someone who was brought in as not one of the big names but turned into their best buy whilst the bigger name players seemed to be able to just not give a shit, the key to it all will be the manager and whoever is in charge of recruitment.