Transfer rumours

Yorkie

The ironic thing about Ashley's penny-pinching approach to recruitment is that it actually costs the club significantly more over the long-term by refusing to meet the valuations of quality players like Aubmeyang, Lacazette, Tagliafico etc. Then we end up paying over the odds for players like Muto, Joelinton etc.

The really sought after players like those you mentioned wouldn't come to us anyway, they would have far better options. Even with the takeover we'd have had to buy interim players to get us moving in the right direction before we would be able to attract the best young prospects ahead of the big clubs.

The ironic thing about Ashley's penny-pinching approach to recruitment is that it actually costs the club significantly more over the long-term by refusing to meet the valuations of quality players like Aubmeyang, Lacazette, Tagliafico etc. Then we end up paying over the odds for players like Muto, Joelinton etc.

The really sought after players like those you mentioned wouldn't come to us anyway, they would have far better options. Even with the takeover we'd have had to buy interim players to get us moving in the right direction before we would be able to attract the best young prospects ahead of the big clubs.

It's a cycle; if he wasn't penny-pinching to the extent he does, the club would be much more attractive to those players. And let's not forget that the club was normally linked to such players at stages of their career where they were much more attainable. It seems with a lot of these players if Ashley hadn't fucked around on prices for so long he could've had them before a more enticing offer came along.

It's a cycle; if he wasn't penny-pinching to the extent he does, the club would be much more attractive to those players. And let's not forget that the club was normally linked to such players at stages of their career where they were much more attainable. It seems with a lot of these players if Ashley hadn't fucked around on prices for so long he could've had them before a more enticing offer came along.

Well I agree with you that him being a penny pinching tight bastard has led to us becoming an unattractive club, don't think there's much dispute about that. Unfortunately for us we've ended up with one of the few owners who doesn't like football or football people in general. For him it's just about the money, there's no pride attached to the club or the city.

A regular starter for Nantes with almost 40 Int'l appearances wouldn't be able to help us?

Bentaleb with nearly 100 appearances for Schalke and 35 int'l appearances didn't.

We've seen both play in a Newcastle shirt though, with Abeid arguably being far superior?

No idea what point you're trying to make

I don't get what's so controversial. He looked much more complete than either Longstaff. Hendrick will likely be a load of nothing, and Hayden is all about off the ball effort. This is all from watching him play for us.

A regular starter for Nantes with almost 40 Int'l appearances wouldn't be able to help us?

Bentaleb with nearly 100 appearances for Schalke and 35 int'l appearances didn't.

We've seen both play in a Newcastle shirt though, with Abeid arguably being far superior?

No idea what point you're trying to make

Abeid's shit. "Far superior", wey aye. Both did fuckall here.

Medhi was a kid and hardly got a look in here, he's gone away and played in a decent league, played lots of international footy and grown up as a footballer.

Whether he would help or not is debatable, but he would be back as a different player to the one that left, and with no Pardew and Carver to treat him like shite.

Loved Acuna, never understood why it didn't work out.

Mum had cancer

Yeah I checked after I posted.

I always felt that he should have played more games whilst he was here. Good all-round midfield player.

Guest neesy111

Mum had cancer

I always felt that he should have played more games whilst he was here. Good all-round midfield player.

Yeah, Bobby didn't use him anywhere near enough after his first season.

Mum had cancer

Yeah, Bobby didn't use him anywhere near enough after his first season.

Maybe there was a reason for that? Perhaps Bobby didn't rate him either?