Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Really like Welbeck as a player.  He’s got good technique, is quick and has a great engine.  He’s not a composed finisher though, which is why he’s been mainly used out wide throughout his career.  I’d be worried if we were relying on him as the main man to get goals, especially considering his recent injury record.

Aye, I've been a fan of Welbeck's for ages and would take him in a heartbeat; I think he'd be good competition for Rondon. He's never been prolific but I think he's a very tidy finisher; loves a chip over the keeper. His injury this season was an absolute killer, mind.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Aye, I've been a fan of Welbeck's for ages and would take him in a heartbeat; I think he'd be good competition for Rondon. He's never been prolific but I think he's a very tidy finisher; loves a chip over the keeper. His injury this season was an absolute killer, mind.

Injury this season? What about his injury last season? And the season before that? And the season before that? ad infinitum

Welbeck would be a good low-risk, high-reward addition if we got him on the cheap. Just so we didn’t rely on him to be first-choice.

Surely his wage demands would be way too much for us anyway.