Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Felix will be going for around £40m or so I would guess, if not even more. Linked with all the elite clubs.

Pipe dream and all that, but seems like a player you'd willingly pay that kind of fee for as his value will likely double or maybe even triple in the next 2-4 years.

Rafa Silva is 25 years old and this is the first season he's performed well. Smells like a dud for whomever that would sign him.

Not sure how much he would cost (assume a lot? :lol: )as I'm not that bothered following football in general these days (thanks Mike), but that João Felix looks really good and is only 19.

Fairly certain Joao Felix is eventually selling for more money than God.

We should look at Ajax. Sign a couple of young players from them. They produse tons of good players.

Why would they join us?

Not everyone will make it there, obviously.

We'd be better off staying clear of players who don't make it in the Eredivisie like

We should look at Ajax. Sign a couple of young players from them. They produse tons of good players.

Why would they join us?

Not everyone will make it there, obviously.

We'd be better off staying clear of players who don't make it in the Eredivisie like

Erm, determining that one is not good enough for Ajax is not the same as not being good enough for Eredivisie. For one, it could mean that there are more than enough players available for a competitive squad and so the talent of x player is not needed. (Which does not mean that it wouldn't be good enough for NUFC or other clubs!)

Rafa Silva is 25 years old and this is the first season he's performed well. Smells like a dud for whomever that would sign him.

Not sure how much he would cost (assume a lot? :lol: )as I'm not that bothered following football in general these days (thanks Mike), but that João Felix looks really good and is only 19.

Isn't he linked with much bigger clubs already? Like that time we were linked with Nicolò Zaniolo

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. 19 years old, 13 goals in 22 league appearances in his first season. Being touted as "the next" Joao Pinto/Rui Costa/Cronaldo depending on whom you ask. Probably way out of our league and budget.

He's off to Man City

Guest chopey

If Rafa stays and is handed £50 million plus player sales will that be enough? I think he will struggle to get rid of our squad fillers and even if he does he will have hunt for hidden gems like Shar, Man U are linked with a £85 million move for a defender from Leicester!!! Every other team around and below us will outspend our budget so no wonder the talks are taking so long

If Rafa stays and is handed £50 million plus player sales will that be enough? I think he will struggle to get rid of our squad fillers and even if he does he will have hunt for hidden gems like Shar, Man U are linked with a £85 million move for a defender from Leicester!!! Every other team around and below us will outspend our budget so no wonder the talks are taking so long

Depends if it includes wages. We'll get £20m for Shelvey and apparently the asking price for Hayden is £15m. Add that to fees for Gayle and Murphy, we could be talking £100m which is a huge transfer pot for the 'Other 14'.

I would trust Rafa to spend £50m wisely. We bought Schar, Fernandez, Dubravka, and Ki for a combined £13m.

He also bought Joselu, Sels and Lazaar for about the same amount, for balance. Like all managers he'll buy some duds but he'll definitely buy a lot more better players. Give him £50m and as he said himself a 70% hit rate on buys is what you're looking for as a manager.

Ashley and his cronies want to interfere too much on how it's spent, also as someone else pointed out the wages can't be included in the £50m as that's a ludicrous way to do things. As ever it's their way of doing things on the cheap and keeping fatty's fingers on the money.

Just wish they would trust Rafa like we all do.

The last few we have signed from Ajax have been shite....no thanks

Signed by shite managers, managed by shite managers. One of those shite managers binned off Ben Arfa FFS!

If Rafa stays i'd be confident that whoever he signs (even from the Dutch league) would have a good chance of succeeding.

I would trust Rafa to spend £50m wisely. We bought Schar, Fernandez, Dubravka, and Ki for a combined £13m.

That shouldn't even need questioning TBH. He's the manager, if they don't trust him then let him go.

I know, I meant more for us as fans. I wouldn’t trust Sam Allardyce with £5, let alone £50m.

Gonna be tough to get what will certainly be a totally different squad on the same page before the start of next season. Doubly-so if it’s not Rafa at the helm.

Would hardly say the futures of Barreca and Kenedy are "uncertain" like - they're going back.

Plus they've done fuck all this season.

For anyone who can be arsed if Rafa goes, I genuinely think you need to prepare yourself for Colback in a Newcastle shirt again, especially if we're literally left with Ki and Longstaff as our only senior CMs.