Transfer rumours

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Not sure I want Lacazette, there's a reason Arsenal are wanting shot of all their strikers

Lacazette has been the better of the two, but both of them have been woeful, at least thats the impression ive gotten.

But then again, if the choice is get Aubamayang or Lacazette on loan now, I would get the latter, even though I hope we go for someone completely different.

22 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Not sure I want Lacazette, there's a reason Arsenal are wanting shot of all their strikers

Martinelli seems to be the favoured option now for obvious reasons - he's class, young, technically excellent, fast and his movement is brilliant.

Lacazette and PEA are basically playing second fiddle now are unlikely to displace him from the side. 

Aaron Ramsey -

Whilst not being mentioned in dispatches - it is widely known that he wants away - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59885415

But in a previous webpage edition it quoted that he was on, get this. 390,000 £/euros a week - now the guy may be good - but I dont think there is a cat in hell's chance of us wanting him at that rate.

Thoughts ?

He's not worth those wages now. Therefore he has a choice, sit on a fortune or play football.

Any club will have to factor in that there will be no transfer fee. That could be up to 10m saved depending on how you value him.

Just now, STM said:

He's not worth those wages now. Therefore he has a choice, sit on a fortune or play football.

Any club will have to factor in that there will be no transfer fee. That could be up to 10m saved depending on how you value him.

Just found an old link - https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/15/aaron-ramsey-wants-premier-league-return-but-400000-a-week-wages-are-stumbling-block-15603203/

Fuck that for a game of soliders.

£40,000 yes, £400,000 - on yer bike son - find some other mug to sign you.

Perhaps this is why so many european clubs are in the shite, paying way over the odds for some outdated players.

Read that Umtiti at Barca, who they are trying to offload is on £210,000 a week - FFS.

CM was biggest priority for me before the window and it still is important, although I think it's interesting that it seems like our prioritisation of it has cooled since we moved to 4-3-3. We do look more stable in that shape, but it relies on Joelinton keeping his form up which doesn't feel that realistic. And we still need someone to come in to protect the defence properly.

Suggests that Howe is perhaps looking to keep the shape compact for the rest of the season with attacking focus on the counter?

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

5 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Aaron Ramsey -

Whilst not being mentioned in dispatches - it is widely known that he wants away - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59885415

But in a previous webpage edition it quoted that he was on, get this. 390,000 £/euros a week - now the guy may be good - but I dont think there is a cat in hell's chance of us wanting him at that rate.

Thoughts ?

It’s well known he’s on around £400k pw. Which is why Juve want him

gone, seeing he’s barely played. It just depends on his current wage demands I guess, whether he wants to take a hefty drop (you’d like to think), but play when fit, or sit on his money like Bale. 

All well and good bringing players in on loan like EPA or Ramsey, but how much effort are they really going to put in over the next 4 months, knowing that if we do get relegated, they can just fk off and still claim their 400k p/w wages or take another offer elsewhere?

Not convinced.