Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

It's not about backing yourself at all. Players who make it to the top level have no problem backing themselves. If we're mid-table this situation doesn't occur, it's an easy 'yes'. But, it's still quite likely we'll go down and players don't want a relegation on their CV, to play a year in the second tier or the disruption of moving to one club, only to move to another 6 months later when the first is relegated. To say they don't back themselves is oversimplifying the thought process.

They also have to look at the other players at the club - "do i back myself? Yes 100%. Do i back Gayle, Shelvey, Lascelles, Almiron, Longstaff etc? Fuck no" 

Surely players can see the bigger picture ?

if they sign (and think they are top class) …others will follow 

5 months scrap with 3 teams (Watford , Burnley and Norwich) and the future looks bright 

If they don’t fancy that , what sort of player are they ?? 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

This is so much fun. Actually going in for players. 

And having to bounce between multiple threads about a player who's about to be unveiled, two or three separate ones about bids made, and then this one about rumours, most of which sound as if there is something in them, not space-filling clickbait from SSN or the Ronny Gill.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Was just listening to Vickery talking about him on SSN there, he's not sure he's as good as he seems and is error prone. I've not seen him play before tbh but put me off a bit.

He’s quite domineering but is a bit of a hot-head; loves a card. Like I said, radginess aside we’d be getting a very physical defender who is good on the ball too. Weird comparison but he’s like if Diego Costa was a class center-back.

Worrying though if Vickery doesn’t rate him, as he would obviously have more insight than myself. 

Martial would be superb for either a 6 month loan or as a permanent signing. However, I'm fairly sure he's injured right now and has had injury issues for alot of this season.  Perhaps isn't worth the risk.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Guess we have given up on Botman then since we have bid for Carlos and Schlottenbeck. Fair enouch, Lille don't want to sell move on.

Or if we want to tell Lille that we have other targets and they should maybe accept our lovely cash before another team do…? 

Just now, ManDoon said:

Martial is an ideal signing. Would be perfect 

Hasn't he already said he has no interest? Wants to move to Spain?

Sounds like the Digne situation. Might be available, isn't very interested. Could happen later in the window if nothing else transpires for them.