Transfer rumours

Yorkie

19 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Didn't @Village Idiotsay his attitude has actually been good at Barca too? Like that isn't the reason he's been shite for them.

Well, he's been more passive on the pitch this season, I feel like he's given up. But off the pitch, etc... he's always been a pro.

Anyway, he seems Villa-bound at this point.

Edited by Village Idiot

I’d love us to sign Diego Carlos, absolute beast and I’m a big fan of talented radgepacket defenders. Not sure he’d want to come though (also don’t believe he’s left-sided but could be wrong).

Edited by McCormick

From the BBC rumours page...

Newcastle have been offered France centre-back Samuel Umtiti 28, by Barcelona on a potential loan deal with an option to buy. (Mail) 

The Magpies are also monitoring 21-year-old Dutchman Sven Botman but the Lille defender's first-choice move is reportedly to AC Milan. (Chronicle Live) 

Is their agent Jane Plough from Toast of London? They sound like they'd be one of Jane's.

Just now, McCormick said:

I’d love us to sign Diego Carlos, absolute beast and I’m big fan of talented radgepacket defenders. Not sure he’d want to come though (also don’t believe he’s left-sided but could be wrong).

The way our VAR is used he will be sent off every other game. If it’s the same guy I’m thinking of 

I don't watch La Liga, but regarding Carlos, Sevilla are second top and have the stingiest defence in the league.

It is mindblowing that we are even talking about this, but those two facts do not add up to a low price for someone with plenty of time on his contract.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I’d love us to sign Diego Carlos, absolute beast and I’m a big fan of talented radgepacket defenders. Not sure he’d want to come though (also don’t believe he’s left-sided but could be wrong).

Pretty sure I remember him being well rattled by Dortmund. Didn't handle the physical nature of it well at all iirc.

Not the be all and end all of litmus tests like as Haaland does knock defenders over. It was more how Carlos reacted I think. Lost his head rather than trying to be clever.

21 minutes ago, 54 said:

Out of interest, would anyone take Ayoze back at all? Think he'd work pretty well in a Howe system.

10000% yes. If only to piss off the age 50+ blokes in the East Stand who think he's too lightweight, a floppy haircut soft lad and doesn't score enough for "a striker".

Think he'd be excellent under Howe tbh and you'd think he would be happy to come back.

I was already weary because of the attitude concerns. Then my Arsenal mate said he's hoping those concerns are enough to distract people from the fact he's been shit for the past 18 months anyway. And now the attitude problems really shining through.

Get the feeling he's just going to be seeing out the last 18 months of his contract at this rate.

50 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Was just listening to Vickery talking about him on SSN there, he's not sure he's as good as he seems and is error prone. I've not seen him play before tbh but put me off a bit.