Newcastle United vs. Chelsea: 30/10/21 @ 3pm (No TV)

I think we'll take the lead and look very good, getting our hopes up. Then we either concede a goal because of ridiculous defending or a referee/VAR decision against us. We then lose some momentum and don't have the energy/quslity to keep up with Chelsea. We continue to threaten at times with no cutting edge. Chelsea end up winning with 3-1. Positives to take but zero points. Only thing that is certain is that we'll get our hopes up only to end up disappointed once again. Pretty expected though I guess. 

How weird is it that I'm like, "Bring it on Chelsea you cunts, Jonesy has given them 5 days training and we're gonna dick you!" [emoji38]

Genuinely think giving these lads extra fitness and extra focus will pay dividends on the pitch. Perhaps not today though. Will be closer than we think IMO.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

ASM needs to be out wide, he'll be far more effective v Alonso or Chilwell than Thiago Silva and Rüdiger.

He just gets more space out there. Give him and extra 3 yards to build up some speed and he's lethal.

Fancy him to bag today.

A front 3 of ASM, Wilson and Almiron is a must for me. We need more than one player who can run with the ball.

Our central midfield options are largely shit but just please not Shelvey. I'd play Willock slightly ahead with Hayden and Longstaff behind.

Schar needs to start at the back, he offers so much the others just can't do by being an actual footballer, maybe alongside Lascelles. Manquillo on the right and I really don't care who is on the left because they're all shit.

If we really must play 5-2-3, drop Longstaff for another central defender. Maybe Ritchie left wingback and Murphy on the right?

Dubravka in goal unless he's dead.

Chelsea still massive favourites, but that's how I'd like us to line up.

Edited by Chris_R