Newcastle United vs. Chelsea: 30/10/21 @ 3pm (No TV)

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

No bottle to make the hard decisions, just like Bruce. He will give some bullshit about the players earning it due to training all week 

Dunno like, I reckon starting Fraser is a pretty hard decision, I know I'd struggle to make it. 

Really can't wrap my head around keeping Almiron and Willock on the bench. I could to some tiny small degree see the benefit in keeping it tight and unleash them onto a tired Crystal Palace team, but against Chelsea it's very risky to assume we'll be able to contain them same way. Game will most likely be over when it's time to sub them on so won't matter anyway.

So we can safely say the love in for Graeme Jones is over. It just goes to show how bad Steve Bruce was before he came in that we thought he was some messiah.

I think he can quite easily do a good job with the reserves side, but that would be up to him if he’d take the step down.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

So we can safely say the love in for Graeme Jones is over. It just goes to show how bad Steve Bruce was before he came in that we thought he was some messiah.

I think he can quite easily do a good job with the reserves side, but that would be up to him if he’d take the step down.

He should be out the  door like a rocket, when a new manager is in with his own staff

We have to remember that the bloke is a coach, like, and a competent manager will judge him on that in time. 

If he had influence over Bruce's team selection, tactics and managerial decisions as it appears he did by his own team selections, then that's an indictment on Bruce, not Jones. 

Do you remember when we had Rafa and the line up and system would be different pretty much every week to counter specific threats? Here we are lining up the exact same way against Chelsea as we did (unsuccessfully) against Crystal Palace last week :lol: 

I dunno like, Fraser was persona non grata under bruce and he's 2 for 2 under Jones. It's just he's swapped wrong choices for more wrong choices. Our best 11 is just about obvious since we're so thin on the ground but people involved just can't seem to figure it out. 

Shit lineup. Like, genuinely dreadful. You could understand letting him try his thing for one match, but it didn't work.

We were awful with this team vs Palace, absolutely dreadful, which we all expected when we saw this lineup, but to have that verified and then play it AGAIN is just incomprehensible.