Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea (30/10/21)

Disco

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

After 40 minutes, Chelsea haven’t had a single chance. No idea how anyone can criticise this so far.

A little better execution in the attacking moves and we’ve got every chance.

I do get the reasoning behind the gameplan - But as Reefa stated - I would have had ASM on the wings to have some sort of other way of getting the ball up rather than just hoofing it up

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

Just caught up with the whining about the team picked in the other thread. Maybe seeing the way they train influences who Jones picks or is that a concept too far for most people? We have a shit squad that has been badly coached under Bruce and Jones is doing the only thing he can which is make us difficult to beat while conceding possession. Rafa who most people want back here did exactly the same. Anybody thinking we are suddenly going to become some coherent attacking possession based team with the players we have especially in midfield knows fuck all about football.

Jones did the coaching under Bruce. Bruce didn’t do it.

Just now, worthy said:

I do get the reasoning behind the gameplan - But as Reefa stated - I would have had ASM on the wings to have some sort of other way of getting the ball up rather than just hoofing it up

A fair point and I don’t disagree. I’d also not have several of the players on the pitch but it’s hard to criticise when we’re currently getting a result against the best team in the league.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

A fair point and I don’t disagree. I’d also not have several of the players on the pitch but it’s hard to criticise when we’re currently getting a result against the best team in the league.

Oh for sure, its a good half against a quality team. But I do question some of the choices as you do.

Good half cancelling them out, but I hope to see some outlets on either side so we can look to move the ball around rather than just the panic hoofing. Not sure how ASM didnt get a freekick on that challenge from Jorginho

5 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

We are winless, managerless and playing the champions of Europe, but people expecting all out attack ?

Speaking personally, I'm absolutely NOT expecting "all out attack".

I'm expecting us to press higher up the pitch, have our best players on the park and offer a threat when we have the ball. That's very different to "all out attack".

6 minutes ago, worthy said:

Aye. ASM is useless where he is. It is worth trying imo.