The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Another important statistic to keep in mind is the goal difference as I think there is a good chance that there is a tie for the 15-17th position. Norwich are at -38. No way they repair that by the end of the season. If they stay up, they have to stay up by putting up 3 points soon.

Leeds are at -27 and worsening every game by a decent number. Watford are at -22. 

You are at -19 but as with all other statistic, Howe has stabilized that and most likely will be moving in a positive direction the next 5-7 games.  Everton's goal difference look good at -12 but their trajectory is opposite of yours. They could cross you in the next couple of games if Lampard doesn't get that defense in order.

Burnley have a goal difference of -8 which is impressive. They have only let in 29 goals which is  top 7 level. That is better than united, West Ham, and Spurs. They could very well draw and nick a couple of wins their way to safety. 

On 24/02/2022 at 11:33, midds said:

We just need to carry on doing what we've been doing for the last month or so and it'll be fine. Very simplistic I know but if we continue to play well, graft like fuck and take out chances we'll pass more teams than enough. If Burnley manage to keep winning then so be it too, just need to stay in our own lane and let others get on with their games. 

This. 

The fact we've not seen Bruno do anything of note now is also of comfort as we've got him to come in and hopefully make a positive impact.

3 minutes ago, Thiago said:

This. 

The fact we've not seen Bruno do anything of note now is also of comfort as we've got him to come in and hopefully make a positive impact.

On the flip side, how long do you keep a guy of his class sitting on his ass getting more and more removed from actual match sharpness?

I guess in Eddie I trust so he's managing that I I would imagine.

10 hours ago, 54 said:

I like JLA but a game against Liverpool or Citeh is not minus three points. An empty fixture perhaps, meaning one less chance to get points, but not something that subtracts three from your total. The worst it can do is make your goal difference worse than someone else's, the equivalent of minus 0.5 points.

Interesting analysis of Brentford, who do sound like they've had difficult fixtures of late. This and the xG suggest they are not quite as bad as their form would suggest. xGA suggests their keeper isn't very good and is costing them points. Burnley may be saved by Pope, who is having a great season.

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

I like JLA but a game against Liverpool or Citeh is not minus three points. An empty fixture perhaps, meaning one less chance to get points, but not something that subtracts three from your total. The worst it can do is make your goal difference worse than someone else's, the equivalent of minus 0.5 points.

Interesting analysis of Brentford, who do sound like they've had difficult fixtures of late. This and the xG suggest they are not quite as bad as their form would suggest. xGA suggests their keeper isn't very good and is costing them points. Burnley may be saved by Pope, who is having a great season.

It was actually the Brentford analysis that made me turn off to him a bit. He was quite dismissive of their bad form as being due to hard games - but that was from looking at the past 5 games - they've got 12 pts from 19 games against all types of opposition. It's much deeper than a hard run.

14 points from a possible 18. 2.3 points per game. That’s title winning form. Chelsea is the only game we can be confident we’ll get nothing from between now and the end of April. I think we can be pretty fucking optimistic. We won’t be perfect and we’ll drop points at times but even if we manage a point a game between now and the end of the season we’re safe. 

Edited by Mahoneys Tache

You’ve to ask yourself two questions now. If 35 points is enough this season do we think we’ll not get 10 more points this season? Answers clearly no, we’ll easily get another 15 or so.

The second question is will all four of Burnley, Brentford, Everton and Leeds finish above us? Answer to that is a clear no too for me. We’re safe.