FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Cambridge United (H)

nufcjb

1 minute ago, Cf said:

Our best players won't be 100% fit if they've not played a competitive game of football in nearly 3 weeks. 

Nor will they be if they get injured in this game. I know which I would rather.

37 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Remember beating Northampton at home in 87 I think, the year Wimbledon knocked us out.

People dancing on the tables in the bigg market singing ‘where going to Wembley’ after beating them 2-1.

Nowt like a cup run to get the city buzzing. 

My mate worked in the ticket office at that time and iirc, the club could have sold 80,000 tickets for that Wimbledon game. 

Just proves what potential we have as a club imho.

Amazing FA Cup fact.

1966 - 1978
13 different winners in 13 seasons.
Everton, Spurs, WBA, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds, Sunderland, Liverpool, West Ham, Soton, Man Utd and Ipswich.

1979 - 2021
13 different winners in 43 seasons
Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham, Man Utd, Everton, Liverpool, Coventry, Wimbledon, Chelsea, Portsmouth, Man City, Wigan and Leicester.

Guest reefatoon

It’s great going into a cup game with excitement. The way we have went about cup games over the last 15 years has been a disgrace, so to have that excitement back is brilliant, and I think the atmosphere today is going to be outstanding. It’s great to have this feeling back.

4 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Amazing FA Cup fact.

1966 - 1978
13 different winners in 13 seasons.
Everton, Spurs, WBA, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds, Sunderland, Liverpool, West Ham, Soton, Man Utd and Ipswich.

1979 - 2021
13 different winners in 43 seasons
Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham, Man Utd, Everton, Liverpool, Coventry, Wimbledon, Chelsea, Portsmouth, Man City, Wigan and Leicester.

The league [should say FA, obvs] made so many concessions to allow clubs in Europe the opportunity to compete. Whatever happened to the price you pay for success?

Edited by Happinesstan

Guest HTT II

Does anyone know if there are any lifts to L7, I can’t remember it’s been that long.

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Does anyone know if there are any lifts to L7, I can’t remember it’s been that long.

There is. My dad had a knee op years ago and we got a lift up. You should really be getting in touch with the club ASAP to arrange this tbh

Guest HTT II
Just now, TheGuv said:

There is. My dad had a knee op years ago and we got a lift up. You should really be getting in touch with the club ASAP to arrange this tbh

I’ve tried, doesn’t seem to be anyone answering. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Tickets never arrived, guess it’s a trip

to the box office. 

Happened to me for the Man U game. Box office will sort you out with replacements but take photo iD and maybe proof of address. 

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Tickets never arrived, guess it’s a trip

to the box office. 

Happened to me recently, they said they were sent first class on Wednesday, I got them the following Tuesday, 3 days after the game 

Picking them up was a doddle to be fair 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think it’s a good chance to play people, given how long it’s been since the last game. Bring on kids once we’ve won. 

Always should the case if you want to progress, win the game then rest players. Always a massive risk of injury bringing your better players on cold to rescue the match