FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Cambridge United (H)

nufcjb

55 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Showing as sold out now on website but Cambridge have only taken upto block L7C, surely they can sell some of the remaining 2 blocks ?

Possibly to do with segregation in the foyer.   They’re not going to want both sets mixing. Maybe they could just put a line of stewards in between like they do at the seats, but could depend on the layout of the bogs, bars etc.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Possibly to do with segregation in the foyer.   They’re not going to want both sets mixing. Maybe they could just put a line of stewards in between like they do at the seats, but could depend on the layout of the bogs, bars etc.

Aye that’s exactly what it’ll be sadly.

Looks like there will be around 1200 knocked off the capacity, plus whatever they don’t sell. Shame really. Still, never thought I’d see the day we sell out 4 days before a 3rd round tie against League One opposition. 

22 minutes ago, SteV said:

If this is the case (not saying you're wrong by any means), then why is it different for a Premier League game then?

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

If this is the case (not saying you're wrong by any means), then why is it different for a Premier League game then?

Cambridge are bringing up 5000, the PL away allocation is around 3000

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Because in an FA Cup game the away fans get a larger allocation?

But you still have two sets of supporters in the same end and that's never been a problem before, so what's the difference just because the away team has more fans there. I've never known previously when two full sections have been left clear. The Oxford game was 52,000, though they had fewer support 3.600, it was still more than a normal league away attendance.

11 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

But you still have two sets of supporters in the same end and that's never been a problem before, so what's the difference just because the away team has more fans there. I've never known previously when two full sections have been left clear. The Oxford game was 52,000, though they had fewer support 3.600, it was still more than a normal league away attendance.

I am guessing that some of the extra blocks Cambridge have are in the home side of the concourse? I’m guessing in the concourse there is a block between the home/away, but presumably Cambridge tickets cross over that barrier so Newcastle have kept blocks empty up until the next blockage? 

12 minutes ago, NWMag said:

I am guessing that some of the extra blocks Cambridge have are in the home side of the concourse? I’m guessing in the concourse there is a block between the home/away, but presumably Cambridge tickets cross over that barrier so Newcastle have kept blocks empty up until the next blockage? 

You're probably right, just never even known 2 blocks to be left empty throughout the period since the capacity has been 52,000

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Showing as sold out now on website but Cambridge have only taken upto block L7C, surely they can sell some of the remaining 2 blocks ?

Not sure why they are leaving 2 blocks totally empty. That's probably 1,200 seats which is a decent amount of cash for Cambridge. Cambridge have already said they have approx 200 tickets remaining from their 4,920 allocation and won't be requesting any more. Just seems a bit silly.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Nah they just move the barrier along in the concourse. Did it v Oxford in the Cup a couple of years ago.

Guest HTT II
49 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Hate them since they beat Gateshead in the play-off final. 

I was there, great day, but very sad for the ‘Heed. 

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

So they did open up another block, looks like it’s already gone

They did. Technically they could still open 1 more block but instead they seem to be keeping it completely empty for segregation purposes which seems a bit OTT.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

They did. Technically they could still open 1 more block but instead they seem to be keeping it completely empty for segregation purposes which seems a bit OTT.

Might start throwing dictionaries or something. 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

With this now sold out I'd like to see the club give Cambridge 100% of the gate receipts. Pocket change to us but would do loads for them.

Agreed. Would be a great gesture tbh and pennies to NUFC.