FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Cambridge United (H)

nufcjb

On 30/12/2021 at 19:32, Joey Linton said:

Should be a massive crowd compared to recent years, just hope the government don't see the need to suddenly bring in restrictions that would cost Cambridge what will be a decent payday. 

Tbf there was over 52k at our last home FA Cup match v Oxford. Lower bowl completely sold out now so once they put L7 on sale it'll be a complete sell out I imagine.

I realise my hypocrisy when I was slating those for being at the Oxford one, but 52,000 for a cup tie against Cambridge is a sensational turnout. Fair play to them as well if they're bringing 5000 up. 

Tbh I don't see any reason to go uber-weak now. Previously this was coming after one of the busiest spells of the season but that's no longer the case. Rest Dubravka and ASM but otherwise go as strong as possible imo. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Tbh I don't see any reason to go uber-weak now. Previously this was coming after one of the busiest spells of the season but that's no longer the case. Rest Dubravka and ASM but otherwise go as strong as possible imo. 

Agreed, but would still like to see some of our u23s get a chance. Would be far more intrigued seeing for example Bondswell ahead of Ritchie at LB or Adam Wilson ahead of whoever else we could play out wide besides Murphy or ASM. Not saying throw our whole u23 squad out but just 1 or 2 given a chance for a change amongst regular 1st team players or else we'll never really find out if they are good enough at a decent level.

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I realise my hypocrisy when I was slating those for being at the Oxford one, but 52,000 for a cup tie against Cambridge is a sensational turnout. Fair play to them as well if they're bringing 5000 up. 

It's magic tbh. The city's fallen in love with football again. Hopefully they'll get to see one or two new signings make an appearance as well. 

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

In fairness, weren’t tickets for that £1?

Depending on injuries and availability due to COVID. I think we should aim to go fairly strong for this. Bring some fringe players in and maybe someone like Anderson. But still try and keep 4-5 regular starters in the lineup. Could be a great confidence booster and another game to get more used to Howe’s system. 

Also, a load of my mates support Cambridge. As I don’t live far from there. So putting the kids and reserves out and losing to these would make my life unbearable for a while!

Guest HTT II

I’m getting Error, area is locked. My son the little shit said I can have his ticket (he’s going with his team-mates as an Xmas present off his club) for a few K. Stream it is…

12 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Don’t understand why they don’t just release the remaining blocks, rather than piss about with one at a time. 

Think it’s probably to do with making it easier for people to get seats together. If they open them all up together, one person buys some in one block, then the next person in a different block, increasing the likelihood of having the odd seat or two left on their own.

If we don’t play most of the first team, they will have gone nearly 3 weeks without any action by the time Watford comes around. I would play most of them against Cambridge to ensure some kind of match fitness for the Watford game

17 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’m getting Error, area is locked. My son the little shit said I can have his ticket (he’s going with his team-mates as an Xmas present off his club) for a few K. Stream it is…

It's not going to be on anywhere is it?