Newcastle United 1 - 0 Burnley (04/12/2021)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

One of the worst games of football i have ever seen, but i don't mind that as long as we get the win. Almiron looks fucking tragic.

This your first Newcastle game or something [emoji38]

It is poor though.

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Shelvey and Willock are so poor - you can’t play them together - Hayden needs to play for one of them 

Don't think Shelvey has been poor. Willock aye. Looks dead on his feet. 

Think we'll be gassed and hanging on shortly, really worried about how much the Norwich game took out of us. 

Just now, Bompeter said:

The praise for Joelinton is way overboard. He looks like a bi-pedal humanoid finally but is still, without fail, fucking up whenever he finds himself in a dangerous position. 

He's clearly not a final third player, his only chance at a goal is in the box shot without anyone blocking it. I think his hold up and break up play has been excellent last few games, miles miles better than other options on the bench.

At least Shelvey doesn’t give the ball away much, Willock isn’t doing enough to deserve a starting place. Hayden has to come on for him.

Or drop Joe back to midfield with Shelvey and bring on Murphy or Fraser who would offer much more going forward.

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

Can you imagine a Joelinton chant?

As redemption stories go, that would take the cake.

Do you think he could play centre mid to give Murphy a game on the right ?

Its as bad if not worse than the worst football we have been served up under Bruce. 

We desperately need someone in the midfield to take control of the game, hold up the ball and be comfortable in possession. 

The worry is not seeing any real cohesion or gameplan on the pitch. We can't find each other with passes. In the past few games we looked better passing in triangles, we can't even do that. A real nervous brainfart of a performance with zero clue about how to build attacks. 

Joelinton, ASM and Shelvey have been decent, we know we can rely on Wilson for half chances if he is given them but we need to do that not punt the ball to the relative midget and hope, the rest have been nervous wrecks.

Hopefully we get some confidence and relax for the second half. Burnley players in comparison know where each other are, know the runs, play intelligent balls and most importantly have some height. Lascelles should be winning more in the air and not getting bullied though.

Nothing at all controversial about that goal.

Seem nervous (no wonder). Finding Willock especially frustrating and Shelvey wasteful in key moments that I'd have expected him to have a good go on last couple of games. Where was Manquillo for that chance near end of half, criminal he was open like that.

Going to be so stressful second half. Please for the love of god get a second and keep a cushion.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Been kicking on and on about how useless we are playing Willock. Rarely wins the ball. His cross for the goal was poor. Control has been bad and decision making is frustrating. 0 goals 0 assist this season. Tell me which midfielder can constantly keep his place like him?

For all the criticism of Willock, he has been part of all our good attacks and it was his cross in that was difficult for Pope :lol:

Still he needs to play better and he and Shelvey just don't work together at all (sort it out Howe).

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Do you think he could play centre mid to give Murphy a game on the right ?

I've no idea, but as a player who gets all over the pitch and never stops running, it's maybe worth a try!